• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

$1.219 a Liter

Guest ducke

At $1.219 a Liter how is the price of gas affecting you and your ability to go off roading??
At
$1.219 a Liter and talk of it going higher, how high is high enough before we should take a stand against the big oil companies.
It’s obvious that our elected government hasn’t got the balls to do anything. undecided.gif

We as a group (4X4 off roader’s) should come up with plan of attack a way to get the point across that
We are pissed angry.gif and have had enough.

Post your thoughts on the matter maybe together we can force big oil to think twice.

Ducke

The price of gas doesn't affect me offroading at all. BUT it does affect how much my truck moves when I'm not playin in the woods. At 12mpg I tend to stay home a fair bit. Time to buy something easier on fuel as a DD. The money I'd save in gas will pay for the car.

$1.219 is making me re think what I can a can't afford right now.
I am looking to purchase my first Rig but when now its costing me $50.00+ to fuel my Chev S-10 (little 4 banger)
how am I going to afford a 4x4 that drinks gas like I drink Beer? grin.gif

Ducke

And it will probably go higher. I was talking about this last night. As others have said, it will not affect my wheelin'. When it is time to wheel it is time! I don't care if Fox Mountain costs me $100 in fuel or $150 or $200. It comes but once a year. However it will affect my daily driving. More car pooling and more errands per trip and less trips.

Archived