• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Muddy Myra bridge

derekmac

thats different though, the 18 wheeler flad bed frame is built to support a lot more weight than what your jeep weights

Its really old all rusted out and twisted. I Knew I could get through on solid ground so I took that route. Worse that can happen that way is I rip a fender off or I could flop off of a bridge. But i see your point if it was new or straight. should have put that part in :)

Has that bridge been replaced/repaired in the past couple years? Regardless, I'd never consider using it. 2.5 years ago, before Dave (Xman) was stationed away we ran that trail and it had a serious "gangster lean" at that time. Saw some pics on NSJC and it looks as though it might have been upgraded since.

That "hole" is tricky enough with the large rocks let alone run-off & ice!

I went around it in June 2013. And saw the biggest snapping turtle I've ever seen!

lol Eugene, it sounds like it's still in the same condition. I was actually a bit hesitant to walk on it when Dave & I did the pre-vehicle planning! When we ran the trail, we did it in the opposite direction so we had to climb the steep side after getting the wheels wet.

lol Eugene, it sounds like it's still in the same condition. I was actually a bit hesitant to walk on it when Dave & I did the pre-vehicle planning! When we ran the trail, we did it in the opposite direction so we had to climb the steep side after getting the wheels wet.

Oh yeah, I went down the steep side. Forgot about that. It would be much more interesting climbing it!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah we crossed it on the weekend and the water level was pretty low. The bridge looked like it had sagged even more since the topless run! Someone should put a rope up with a sign on it. I'd hate to hear that the bridge collapsed and someone rolled in the water.

hahahaha. a friend of mine asked me if i wanted to do that run this weekend. i dont even have skid plates at the moment and the truck is stock so screw that. i ll run it next spring

Crossed that water crossing in question when the runner was stock last april? It is a completely doable trail we went all the way through I forget the name of the big hill at the end but it was a really fun trail, looking forward to doing it again now that I have some upgrades, but your FJ would do just fine and you will have a blast!

Yes, totally doable on the rocky Myra, depending on the water level, but right now, the hill you speak of, Hardwood Hill, would be virtually impossible without winches...and it would be like playing "Plinko" in the trees to go in from the Porter's Lake end and go down it :P !

i have gone through that trail before without a single problem. but in the winter, the water crossing would suck, especially a couple weeks ago, the water levels were really high everywhere plus it was frozen but not super thick

• 3 months later...

We did Muddy Myra yesterday, and there were a bunch of guys working on the bridge, but I would not drive a full size on it. It will probably look good, but they were just adding a new layer of lumber on top of the old bridge, and not doing anything with the structure underneath.

We did Muddy Myra yesterday, and there were a bunch of guys working on the bridge, but I would not drive a full size on it. It will probably look good, but they were just adding a new layer of lumber on top of the old bridge, and not doing anything with the structure underneath.

How deep did the bypass look?

coming from the airport and heading to porters lake, do you use the bypass on the left side of the bridge where the rocks are?

anyone ever used the other route on the right side of the bridge? seems like quads go there and was wondering what it looks like

• 2 months later...

Well there's a different bridge/platform that has collapsed out that way. About 15 mins down the trail from the pit (and other bridge that you shouldn't cross), there's a small bridge/platform, only about 3' long that gave out. Ben Sheppard took a pic of it, and said he'd post it on FB.

Archived