• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Muddy Myra bridge

derekmac

Well going on the Topless run today, we found that the bridge close to the pit was badly damaged, and probably not safe to go on.

You can go around the bridge, but the water makes 35's disappear. Once the water levels go down it probably won't be a problem though, but I think it was too deep for my near stock rig.

not a chance i will put my truck on that bridge. coming from the porters lake side, the rocks on the right of the bridge are rough on the undercarriage of the truck. next time i go there, i ll go towards the lake instead. but right now, i wouldnt try that water crossing. last time i was there was in september and there was a little over 24 inches of water.

there is a quad bridge near the airport that is freshly rebuilt, but if its the one i m thinking of, there is an easy by-pass.

if its the bridge where the young guy with the jeep that Eugene and his brother rescued , there is no way in hell i would drive on that.

the first bridge i talked about is really solid, i have a friend who drove on it, but people with quads pay memberships fees to build such bridges so i didnt want risk it

all about common sense. if you saw that bridge, im pretty sure you wouldve never put your truck on it haha. i guess some people jut arent born with it. we were driving on old mineville road once, and there are a couple quads bridges that i would never put my truck on. i managed to find a by-pass for one but had to turn around at the second one

There is a quad bridge just outside of chester where I sometimes wheel when Im home. Its just an old 18 wheeler flat bed. the trail is to narrow to turn around and the bypass is between a tree and a massive rock with maybe 2 inches on either side of the heep to get through. Sketchy situations back there alone. :)

there is a quad bridge near the airport that is freshly rebuilt, but if its the one i m thinking of, there is an easy by-pass.

if its the bridge where the young guy with the jeep that Eugene and his brother rescued , there is no way in hell i would drive on that.

the first bridge i talked about is really solid, i have a friend who drove on it, but people with quads pay memberships fees to build such bridges so i didn't want risk it

That route with the good bridge (strong enough for a truck but only wide enough for ATVs) at the airport end and the Jeep-flop bridge at the other, is what I think folks

refer to as the Rocky Myra. The Muddy Myra starts/ends up at Devon, further out the Old Guysborough road toward $ Lake. The dilapidated bridge is part way in at a large gravel pit, (I think the geo-technical folks call them 'borrow' or ' Burrow' pits), where the road intersects with Miller Road.

the first bridge i talked about is really solid, i have a friend who drove on it, but people with quads pay memberships fees to build such bridges so i didnt want risk it

The Bridge Derek is talking about is neither of the bridges you are talking about, it is in a different trail, but it is deteriorating.

The Muddy Myra starts/ends up at Devon, further out the Old Guysborough road toward $ Lake. The dilapidated bridge is part way in at a large gravel pit, (I think the geo-technical folks call them 'borrow' or ' Burrow' pits), where the road intersects with Miller Road.

Yep, that's the one I'm referring to.

i still have to explore this part of trail. i want to go cross from the porters lake side and up muddy myra ( not 100% certain its the right one ) and all the way up to the dirt track

You should be able to do let back to PL, without backtracking the same trail from the pit at Miller Rd B)

There were 6 of us that tried rocky Myra today. Had to turn around at the bridge where the jeep rolled off because the water in the river was way to deep. A lifted tj went in and water up to the hood and he was only in the length of the jeep. The current was strong and he was starting to float. Ya we turned around.

There were 6 of us that tried rocky Myra today. Had to turn around at the bridge where the jeep rolled off because the water in the river was way to deep. A lifted tj went in and water up to the hood and he was only in the length of the jeep. The current was strong and he was starting to float. Ya we turned around.

I'm not surprised there... Was it Scott that poked his nose into it?

There's a saying that it only takes 48 hours for the (high) water to run out of NS after a rain event, it really isn't very wide! But we sure have had a lot of rain lately, and the water table is full, it will take a few days to go down!

Ya iv been through there a couple times in the winter and usually not bad. A few days of good weather and a stock rig could probably do it. We had a pile of rain the last couple days. Ya is was Scott that nosed in.

Archived