• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

400HP, 280TQ from a 3 cylinder!

TRUXterra

I thought it would be as well, peak torque is probably at 5500-6000 RPM then. Cant say for sure but that's my bet, would have a lot of high revving jeeps on the trail with that engine ;) Neat what they can do with small engines though. Even the 1.6L V6 turbo in the F1 cars are insane.

I honestly thought the peak RPM would be higher, more along the line of a bike engine, though I guess the turbo would greatly reduce the RPM range due to boost pressure. Obviously it runs on race fuel as well. Running on pumped gas, it would likely explode after a lap or two.

Still, it's amazing to see what they are doing with engines, especially over the past 2 decades!

It is what it is, quite an engine, but I'm used to driving heavy vehicles and I just want torque! It is one of my pet peeves when they advertise new cars on the radio and tv and mention HP, but not torque. I don't drive a race car! Nor do most of us on a daily basis! Not designed of trail work!

It is what it is, quite an engine, but I'm used to driving heavy vehicles and I just want torque! It is one of my pet peeves when they advertise new cars on the radio and tv and mention HP, but not torque. I don't drive a race car! Nor do most of us on a daily basis! Not designed of trail work!

I agree Eugene...that being said, when are you planning to transplant a diesel into the Burb?

IF, or when, Nissan finally introduces their diesel into North America, I'll have my hands on my next rig 2 years after they are introduced (I'll never buy new). Until then, I'll hopefully have the X in my possession for as many years as your Burb (that would be 2036!).

sick little engine. the engine would destroy itself pretty much as soon as you do a full throttle pull with regular fuel. what happens with race fuel is the octane rating is so high it slows down detonation. regular fuel would more than likely start combusting as the piston is midway in its stroke going up, destroying the rods at the very minimum. as much as i think its cool to see this, people with lancer evos and honda engines are now pushing over 1200whp with 2 litre engines. as long as you got money, someone will fabricate you something this nice :)

Archived