• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

DIY front swaybar disconnects

SQRLPWR

You will notice it the most on a gravel road at 80 km/h and hit the "washboards". I have not seen gravel roads here in the condition to drive like that here **safely**. I don't think you'll have a problem :) . Just maybe get a set to theow in there for next mvi season ;) .

I found a set of quick disconnects from Rough Country for $59, and $15 for shipping. I might just try taking them off like you did Jay, and see how it drives. I have a feeling it might sway too much though.

You have a totally different setup on your WJ than an IFS rig. You will experience more bodyroll, depending on the stiffness of you coil springs. I would install the discos in your case, my personal opinion.

You have a totally different setup on your WJ than an IFS rig. You will experience more bodyroll, depending on the stiffness of you coil springs. I would install the discos in your case, my personal opinion.

That's what I'm thinking too.

^^ did not realize you weren't IFS Derek, you'll prolly need the links like James said.

My rear sway bar links are deleted also.

Near us we've got a few diagonal rail tracks that run across the road and the ride feels a lot better on the bumps. I'm guessing because the two front corners are no longer connected.

Instead of making my own, I think I'll just order the Rough Country ones. For under $100, and a lifetime warranty, might as well get them. The ones on it now need to be replaced, so now's the perfect time to order.

I wonder if APJ's or CVO can get them for me for around the same price as online? I'll have to call them in the next couple of weeks when I'm ready to order them.

Instead of making my own, I think I'll just order the Rough Country ones. For under $100, and a lifetime warranty, might as well get them. The ones on it now need to be replaced, so now's the perfect time to order.

I wonder if APJ's or CVO can get them for me for around the same price as online? I'll have to call them in the next couple of weeks when I'm ready to order them.

I got my Zone discos at APJ for $110ish. They may be able to get the RC ones. CVO or Peck's will definately be able to get the RC ones for sure, and the price will probably be a bit higher than what the RC site says, since the dollar is lower than it was. You never know either of the three shops may have a set of some kind in stock :) .

My old fs Chev with solid front axle doesn't have sway bar links. The 1" or larger diameter sway bar connects directly to the axle spring plate with huge 1" bolts!

I have a disconnect kit that is made to work with my 4" lift. I definitely need to un-hook it to get any kind of articulation, and with the leaf springs it doesn't sway much on the road if unhooked. However, I hook it back up for longer highway drives and for MVI!

i dont see why you wouldnt pass with quick disconnects. just bring it to canadian tire when they have no clue what they're doing haha

i used to bring my bimmer there for MVIs. i had my secondary air flow pump and solenoid removed, cancelled my EGR, deleted AC, car slammed ( 3 inch drop ), and i was driving around with tires that are illegal for the street ( hankook Ventus RSS ), clearly written on the sidewall FOR COMPETITION USE ONLY, hahaha and i never had a single issue. i even had a check engine light because of the anti pollution stuff i deleted, an airbag light lit up because the passenger seat buckle sensor was dead and a brake pad wear light too because the plastic sensor broke . they never even asked me a question :P

well i guess they're so retarded there tht my rims were wider in the rear, they managed to put undirectional tires the opposite way, put the wide tires on narrow rims ( front) and narrow tires in the rear, lol. i had to go explain to them how i wanted the tires installed with a drawing inthe shop haha. so i guess they probably just passed it cause they had no clue what the car was.

well i guess they're so retarded there tht my rims were wider in the rear, they managed to put undirectional tires the opposite way, put the wide tires on narrow rims ( front) and narrow tires in the rear, lol. i had to go explain to them how i wanted the tires installed with a drawing inthe shop haha. so i guess they probably just passed it cause they had no clue what the car was.

With CT doing your MVI, I am surprised they didn't manufacture problems to pass... They usually use MVI as a fishing trip, especially with women... ask me or Tara how we know :mad:

apart from the EGR and couple light in the dash, i doubt there was a bimmer from that year that is cleaner than mine in nova scotia. never winter driven, i barely drove it in the rain as i could drive my girlfriend's car. the rest of the car is in exceptional shape, maybe thats why, i dont know

FYI - you will fail MVI without sway bars on a vehicle with which they were originally equipped.

Liberty passed with the rear sway bar removed, don't know what will happen with the Cherokee. Will see once I get the other stuff done.

Archived