• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

FJ done! No longer allowed on NS roads!!!!

Potato Digger

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, my thought as well. And then 2 years later an electrical appliance, with a bottle, re-attaches it ;)

Actually I bet for mine I could just put factory size tires on it for 'driving on regulated highways'. Keep the others for 'off-road use only'. Lots of salvage yard rims for mine and used tires!

that's just retarded, how high is the fj cruiser's bumper when stock? i see lifted trucks every day, some of them are a lot higher than yours. there's a guy where i live with a f350 with 11 inches of lift and his tires are at least 35s

I can get my guys to look at it. He may not say anything about the bumper at all

Thanks for trying but he last thing I need is someone losing there licence and lively hood over a simple inspection. The truck will be gone in the next week and I will be driving a new vehicle. Deal is pretty much done, just waiting for the vehicle to come in. I will be coming to see ya for undercoating though.

The underside of my front bumper slopes down at a 45 to the lower rad opening, which measures 19.5" from ground, and then my front skid starts and continues down and under to protect underneath. The bumper face (skin) is 23.5" high at the lower edge, but technically, that's not the lowest point, the 19.5" is.

Thanks for trying but he last thing I need is someone losing there licence and lively hood over a simple inspection. The truck will be gone in the next week and I will be driving a new vehicle. Deal is pretty much done, just waiting for the vehicle to come in. I will be coming to see ya for undercoating though.

Will be nice to see another Nissan in the club :smiley-music037:

Well I am stirring the pot now and have transport Canada involved. He thinks that I will be okay and he will let me know on Monday after he speaks to the Minister about this. I have also asked him for more info. to share with the club on this. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Poor choice of words I guess, the place I got it inspected will be educated and the inspector authorized for lifts in NS will be too. Not causing a big stink about it! It will make it smoother for others in the future. I have not mentioned the club, just that others are very interested in the proper info.

• 4 weeks later...

Me confused.

In the way of a PSA / reminder - if anyone is making inquiries about things like this DO NOT mention the club, period. We do not want to be associated or put under a microscope because of pot stirring.

I am curious as to why the club name should not be used i feel the oposite the club (excutive) should be in the thick of this that is the whole reason to have an organization like ours to stand up for our rights before there is no hobbys left in this province

I have been speaking with Ron and Clarence about this.

To clarify my statement RE: using the club's name - I'm not saying the club should not be involved, but we need to make sure that it is a coordinated effort; that is, we need official representation and not a bunch of angry 4x4 owners throwing our name at Government.

I am going to look to Clarence for his help here since he has previous experience with this issue and I will be reaching out to stakeholders to try and get a full understanding of the situation. I will put this on the agenda for our meeting on Friday as well so we can discuss as a group.

Archived