• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Toms Car/Truck/Jeep Finds.

TomWood

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe spent too much money on the truck and not with his partner! $1,000 per rim! Wow! And that is a lot of miles, transmission and engine may need re-building. (It may have benn mentioned in the ad, I don't remember. Sometimes you're throwing good money after bad.) Maybe there is a lesson in here for all of us! lol

Where its a diesel its not as bad, but yeah lots of KM's for the year. He is quite desperate lol, have seen it go from 12,000 down to this price.

The ad says "lifetime warranty on just about everything"... my guess not on everything but what will soon fail...engine/tranny... And no thanks on fixing that stuff, way to much $$ to go in there with that kind of mileage...

• 5 weeks later...

I like the wagons too, but still like the FJ-40s better. My old FJ40 is the reason I bought my Jeep.

This one is still kicking around...

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1976-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-SUV-W0QQAdIdZ543152393

Although I prefer the original with removeable hard top B)

that fj40 is horrible though. there was a black fj40 for sale a couple weeks ago on main street, it came with a green fj as a parts car and a bunch of parts for 4500$ . i dont see the black one but the green one is still sitting there

that fj40 is horrible though. there was a black fj40 for sale a couple weeks ago on main street, it came with a green fj as a parts car and a bunch of parts for 4500$ . i dont see the black one but the green one is still sitting there

Yeah, that blue FJ40 is crying inside :( . If I were to buy it, the first thing I would do is cut the top from it and fab a cage to replace the missing "roll bars". Basically bring it back to looking like it is supposed to.

i would just get my sawsall and cut the top plus the whole rear end. why did he ever think cutting the rear to make a box would ever look good? at least if he cut it straight, it would probably look less retarded. did you notice that he says, comes with a warn winch and then shows a pic of it. the thing look like its from world war 1 or he recovered it from the titanic hahahaha

i would just get my sawsall and cut the top plus the whole rear end. why did he ever think cutting the rear to make a box would ever look good? at least if he cut it straight, it would probably look less retarded. did you notice that he says, comes with a warn winch and then shows a pic of it. the thing look like its from world war 1 or he recovered it from the titanic hahahaha

Is that not an warn 8274?! Just because it doesn't look new and shiny doesn't mean it is not worth something...

Looks to me like he really wanted an 88" Series Land Rover with a truck cab!

A131JWU-02.jpg

Is that not an warn 8274?! Just because it doesn't look new and shiny doesn't mean it is not worth something...

Yup, that looks like a Warn 8274. They are a workhorse and totally rebuildable...

And yes, sadly Adam, that almost looks like what he was going for. He should have just bought one instead of molesting the poor TLC :facepalm: ...

A131JWU-02.jpg

I kinda want that rover! :)

I am always on the look out for a truck cab. Much better in the winter and easier to remove for top-less driving in the summer when compared to a full hardtop. Easy bolt on change (hardest part would be getting my hard top off... dealing with 40+ years of who knows what!) Nice added benefit to the truck cab is one person can remove it and install it with out mechanical assistance.

But they are not too common!

Archived