• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Toms Car/Truck/Jeep Finds.

TomWood

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Locked axles and 35" tires and little axles, you'd be busting axleshafts and front axle u-joints unless you were driving on slippery mud all of the time anyway!

It's definitely a trail only truck!

Locked axles and 35" tires and little axles, you'd be busting axleshafts and front axle u-joints unless you were driving on slippery mud all of the time anyway!

It's definitely a trail only truck!

I definately agree with that, Had the Aussie lunchbox in my Cherokee, and even in 2wd, on icy days or really slippery storms coming around a corner slowly it would sometimes lock up and once the front is locked, hope its a snowbank in front of you and not another car or someone walking, because you will be going straight through. They are good, do work, hold up reasonably well but you really have no control on when it locks.

Thought long and hard about that one before going to a TJ..lol...definately has a nice little unique factor to it, just looks a little rougher in person, seen it at the eastern passage shows. was still a little too much for me, considering I would use it daily

If I was going to dump $5000 into a old Bronco, I'd spend $1000 on plane tickets to go down south and buy an American one to drive back.

If you've seen buddy's Toyota, you can bet it is well worth saving the trip ;). That Bronco is reflected in the paint pictures in the final pics of the "Out of the Dust" thread on NSJC B).

• 2 weeks later...

I love the ads that say "NO PAPERS, WOULD MAKE A GOOD WOODS BUGGY". Only if you have LOTS of woods of your own, seeing how you still neede to register it for offroad use... :blink: .

Quite nice, with a few interesting 'issues'. Remember, I'm a Chev guy, love to have one of these. '4x4' not hooked up. That means no front driveshaft, because the lift is too high for a regular driveshaft. Speicial one needs to be built. $$ TH350. Hmm. Usually big blocks have a TH400 behind them. Also need to know the front axle. It is likely a Dana 44 in a 3/4 ton of that vintage. Too light for those tires and that motor. Rear axle - similar question. All looks, but the performance may not back it up! $26k might be a good appraisal for something in MUCH better shape than this truck. $10k is all it's worth!

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1993-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FZJ-80-SUV-REDUCED-W0QQAdIdZ530062839

I am wondering how this would fair after a little lift, It has a solid front axle, comes with e lockers, just cant find hard and fast value on these things, 6200 seems a bit steep,

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1993-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-FZJ-80-SUV-REDUCED-W0QQAdIdZ530062839

I am wondering how this would fair after a little lift, solid front axle, e lockers, just cant find hard and fast value on these things, 6200 seems a bit steep,

Aren't FJ-80's solid axle from the factory?

Archived