• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Toms Car/Truck/Jeep Finds.

TomWood

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No thats a 3rd gen, the last of the "hilux" or "pickup" in North America. It was Tacoma after that truck. 1989-1995 for the trucks and 1990-95 for the runners. 1995.5 is when the Tacoma came out.

My 82 is a first gen (1979-83) and my 84 is a second (84-85)

The tlc is probably either simple stuff or the regular timing cover/head gasket issues

Also, I agree with them being overpriced but its not just limited to the trucks its ALL toyotas. The old ones in my opinion are worth a lot more than anything newer they have produced because they are now starting to be hard to find in good shape and they're 30 years old.

I'd be willing to bet that you wont see too many of the newer Tacomas/4runners/FJ's on the road in 30 years because they are so prone to rot and expensive to fix. Compared to OBD I and earlier trucks, the newer ones won't have anywhere near of a name for themselves like the 1st/2nd/3rd gen have.

ALSO, in a world wide spec its actually the 5th gen.

3 hours ago, Nightpath said:

Was surfing Kijiji and found this :

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-halifax/ford-bronco-white-with-red-black-pin-stripe-other/1136442278

Looks in pretty nice shape, a little pricey IMO.

A little pricey is a bit of an understatement...

I lol'd at the "...absolutely no rust..." And the second pic is a picture of a rusty frame...

Surface rust on a frame doesn't bother me, this isn't SoCal.  But the ad still doesn't read right.  No usual list of engine size, 'new tires', 'new battery', etc., tire size, AC, let alone what a gear head wants to know like tire size and factory traction-aiding options.  And wants to trade for SUV with 4x4.  Technically, it is an SUV with 4x4!  Shall I offer my Nissan Rogue?  (I know my Rogue is a 'car' CUV, with AWD, but the general public calls it a truck or an SUV, which always annoys me!) 

Playing devils advocate here but maybe a lot of the older ones are overpriced because you can actually work on them yourself without the need of special tools and or literally ANY trips to the stealership.

Just sayin...

That said, "worth" is a relative term.

12 hours ago, Nightpath said:

Yeah I saw that lmao. Apparently no rust means different to some people.

I would call that truck a no rust truck. The cross members still have original paint, yes  the frame is rusty colour, when they were new, most surfaces underneath were dusted with a black colour that washes off frames and axles. That would explain the rusty colour. I'd say that truck is rock solid body and frame wyse. Looks like rough country 4 inch lift.

Take a look at the new Dodge Dart. Now take a look at the old one.

Now look at the desirable Broncos. That newer F150 based one isn't beloved as the old ones are.

It's the same thing, the older versions are what people want, not the newer ones. 

As for my TJ, it's a rust free, low KM with the accessories included vehicle, one that holds it's resale value (arguably the best resale of all vehicle brands out), is priced within the range of what others have theirs at (mind you most others aren't as low KM or in as good condition), and isn't wanted by only a small amount of people in a niche market. (as to why it hasn't sold? People don't like the 4" lift apparently, but oh well)

There was a 1978 Bronco for sale in great condition here in Kingston for $10k, a 2 year run with that particular look, and in my opinion not priced too badly because of it's rarity and conditon. Then there's this : http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/cape-breton/1996-ford-bronco-eddy-bower-suv-truck/1102092350 

It's been for sale for a while, when he first put it up he wanted $5000 for it. It's price went down and if I remember correctly and it still needs work.

So to wrap this up buy my Jeep!

27 minutes ago, Nightpath said:

Then there's this : http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/cape-breton/1996-ford-bronco-eddy-bower-suv-truck/1102092350 

It's been for sale for a while, when he first put it up he wanted $5000 for it. It's price went down and if I remember correctly and it still needs work.

Need trans lines hooking up and some other small work. If it was local, it'd be on my driveway.

Archived