• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Horsepower hill stuck/broke

TomWood

From the NSJC site, figure someone here may be able to help

Hello jeep community.

i am new to this site, so i wil apoligize if im posting in the wrong spot.

my name is vincent. i own a 2001 jeep TJ. i am currently broke down on hourse power hill.
i snapped my driver side rear axle shaft and i really need help.
i have a dana 35 in the rear with 4/88 for gears. i need to find a new shaft for my jeep.(27 spline i do believe)
my phone number is 902 844 0858.......please help.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my share. Changed a 10-bolt axleshaft in the field - twice. Under the weight of a Suburban. And had to take both wheels off to put a bar through

from one side to the other to push all the broken bits out. Both times was nice weather like this thankfully!

NOW I HAVE A 14-BOLT FULL FLOATER. Nuf said!

Tried NSJC? I think I can find one, but there is no way for me to deliver it from Truro tonight; Isaac is sleeping.

Can the drive shaft be pulled from the vehicle (debris removed from the pumpkin, if applicable) in order for him to drive home FWD)?

ETA: Sorry, I forgot this was also listed on NSJC. Also, the rear axle holds the wheel so if it's broken, there is nothing to hold the wheel in place. Should have bought an X, pull the rear drive gear & drive home :glare:

Archived