• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Land Ownership Map

Cherokee96

Does anyone know how to get the maps of land plots of ns and who owns them?

I remember when mom and dad bought land they had pulled some kind of map that showed their plot and who owned the road and lots surrounding the area, I haven't been able to figure it out on my own though. I will ask next time I go to their house, if no one knows I will post an answer.

• 1 month later...

The data base is Nova Scotia Property Online http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/property/default.asp?mn=282.46.1064

I'm not certain if the info is available publically, however Lawyers, Gov't employees, surveyors & a few others (including bankers) have access.

Anyone can pay for that acces.

I believe there are a few members in the club who can access the database - if we want to zero in on a particular parcel of land we could ask them to pull up the data. I'm not sure what costs are involved though (if any).

Like Scott says, it is easily doable, but be prepared to specify a small Area of Interest, otherwise it is a nightmare!

All I do is put the tracks or waypoints into my gps then I can pull up the pid# and landowner name from that.

Only takes me about 5min at the most to find out who owns the land.

Then I go on property online to make sure the landowner hasn't changed and get contact info from there.

Another website that offers land info, but more related to real estate, is http://www.viewpoint.ca/ Go to the site, register, and click on MAPS. This site shows every PID in the province, assessed values, what's for sale, what has recently sold, etc. And it overlays Google Maps as well. It's kind of a fun site if you are looking at buying land.

Archived