• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2007 Rubicon?

Guest trailwalker

I msg you back over on NSJC, you never replied back. I randomly fell on to this forum today and remembered your name. Any more questions on my 09 wrangler? Still a good jeep, just wanted a Rubicon. Power steering pump my only worry with it. Lost some fluid about a month ago I put stop leak in and has been ok sense. I kept my tires that I had on it, also under neath of it wont tell to many stories ether.

sorry, I'm not over there much!! Thanks for the info, I'm not sure which way to go on this. I am leaning back towards just getting a new Wrangler S, 6 sp manual, 3.73 gears, Anti-spin rear axle and a Hardtop. It is a little more but then it would be mine from cradle to grave. I would love to get a Rubicon but that just isn't in the cards.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, definitely wouldnt want to start with anything less than 3.73's if you have the choice, now for the rig I want, 3.07's are the only ones they came with. Re-gear is going to be a top priority lol.

I hope it all works out, I think that I will have a bit of a time finding the one that I want. If I am buying new I am not interested in compromising on options or inflating the price with options that I do not want....like AC or U connect or side steps. I can bend on colour but I really only have 2 choices. If I am going to have this for the next 10 years or so I want to get what I want.

I looked at some older used with lots of options but I want the new engine and the freedom hardtop(should I go dual tops? I was just going to go for the hard top. What is the bikini top)

It is frustrating dealing with the dealers though. I want to build it online, get that vehicle and that pricing(plus taxes) but it seems impossible....

You may have to go in and say I dont want one on the lot, this is the one I want, order it. I dont know how that works nowadays though. I would suggest getting AC in the Jeep, it is a godsend when wheeling, even with the top off, and definitely something you would be glad to have :D

I hope it all works out, I think that I will have a bit of a time finding the one that I want. If I am buying new I am not interested in compromising on options or inflating the price with options that I do not want....like AC or U connect or side steps. I can bend on colour but I really only have 2 choices. If I am going to have this for the next 10 years or so I want to get what I want.

I looked at some older used with lots of options but I want the new engine and the freedom hardtop(should I go dual tops? I was just going to go for the hard top. What is the bikini top)

It is frustrating dealing with the dealers though. I want to build it online, get that vehicle and that pricing(plus taxes) but it seems impossible....

Trust me, like Tom said, you want AC ;) If you don't want to use it, turn it off. But when it is Muggy as hell and HOT, you will be thankful. You'll want the dual tops if you get one with a hardtop. If you go topless, you can pull the soft top up in the rain easily; but if the hard top is at home and you're not, it's a little hard ;). You can take the windows out of the soft top, leave the roof over and take the doors off too. That way you have all the "open air" feel, but still have shade on a hot sunny day. Sitting in stop and go traffic on a hot sunny day sucks with no roof :P. It looks cool, but you cook in the sun.

Trust me, like Tom said, you want AC ;) If you don't want to use it, turn it off. But when it is Muggy as hell and HOT, you will be thankful. You'll want the dual tops if you get one with a hardtop. If you go topless, you can pull the soft top up in the rain easily; but if the hard top is at home and you're not, it's a little hard ;). You can take the windows out of the soft top, leave the roof over and take the doors off too. That way you have all the "open air" feel, but still have shade on a hot sunny day. Sitting in stop and go traffic on a hot sunny day sucks with no roof :P. It looks cool, but you cook in the sun.

thank you. that is the best reasoning I have heard!! Maybe I will get AC.

What do you think of the Bikini Top?

thank you. that is the best reasoning I have heard!! Maybe I will get AC.

What do you think of the Bikini Top?

Bikini top only covers the front seats, safari top covers the rear seat too, but no sides. and both are no substitute for a full soft top, without buyng the windjammer and tonneau cover (which then you lose the back seat)

thank you again!!

James, do yo know why the Sport comes with 3.21 gears and the sport S comes with 3.10?

Oh incase anyone wanted to know, there are no Jeeps east of Quebec that have 3.73 gears and the limited slip rear axle.....bummed me out pretty good. I am already considering compromising what I want so I can at least have one now!

thank you again!!

James, do yo know why the Sport comes with 3.21 gears and the sport S comes with 3.10?

Oh incase anyone wanted to know, there are no Jeeps east of Quebec that have 3.73 gears and the limited slip rear axle.....bummed me out pretty good. I am already considering compromising what I want so I can at least have one now!

Trust me, wait and get what you want. I went crazy Till that rubi came into the picture. Ull never be happy if its not.

thank you again!!

Don't know Jeeps much (if at all :P), but I would guess that the 3.21's are in the manual transmission and 3.10's are in the auto. All has to do with the final gearing and autos are normally not as deep.

As for AC, it will be high on the list. My FIL has a Miata and AC works like a champ even with the top down around town. Even in rain showers it's amazing that no water reaches the cabin when travelling at 40 km/hr and above! On the trails, at low speeds, the heat from the drivetrain is noticeable!

Remember that hot air rises, cold air falls, and AC will keep you cooler even with the top down regardless of speed! Now removing the doors is another scenario!

Where's this, 3.10 ratio coming from? According to the Jeep.ca site the only ratios are 3.21 as the standard and 3.73 as the option, at least for the current model year. Build yours online and check inventory around the area. If you're like me, there won't be any exactly like what you want but if you have patience, order YOUR Jeep with what you want.

Don't know Jeeps much (if at all :P), but I would guess that the 3.21's are in the manual transmission and 3.10's are in the auto. All has to do with the final gearing and autos are normally not as deep.

Its the opposite for the XJ, its 3.07 in the manual and 3.55 in the auto. JK as mentioned are 3.21 or greater depending on package, Liberty's only had two options and it was based on engines, 4.10 for 4cyl and 3.73 for 6 cyl no matter the trans. Either way anything less than 3.55 is horrible for large tires. And yes I know the jeep I want will have 3.07's in it.

Better gears too, Im 90% sure that the 09 had 3.10 gears. It was a dog with 33". I would of kept it, just would of cost me way to much to get a regear, then have the dana 30 front problems later on.

i just got my info mixed up.

on the bright side I did get 3.73 gears, 6 sp, Hardtop and the color I wanted:) i should be driving it home tomorrow, saturday at the latest:)

Within a week of getting my first Jeep, I went to Seaforth to visit a friend and into the woods we went. I caught the passenger side step on a rock and twisted it quite badly. They promptly both came off and never went back on. Rock rails on the other hand are a good thing to have if you're going to trail it.

I will, I was pretty easy with the Liberty and I will probably be a big wuss for a bit and do some light wheeling....It is fun to be out in the woods.

I am not sure what I am going to do mod wise. I have mixed feelings about it for now, it was fun on the Liberty but it really messed with ride quality and destroyed my mileage.(I know we don't buy them for mileage but a 1/8 for a return trip to work is getting out of hand, it is not that far) So we will see, I know it is a different world for mods for wranglers.....I just happy to have it....finally!!

I had an 05 Jiberty for over 3 years and even when I added a K&N CAI and a Magna-Flow cat back (which did help a lot), I switched to the Grand with the Hemi and get about the same mileage as I got with the 3.7 (but it's a lot more vehicle). :king:

Archived