• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2007 Rubicon?

Guest trailwalker

I am looking at a used Rubi, any ideas on what I should be paying for one of these. It looks like it has a small lift and aftermarket wheels. has less than 90K on it. Hardtop, looks to be in good shape... pretty sure it has been wheeled(any advice on what to look for in these if they have been abused?)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick scour shows they go from 12-18 grand, the big thing with those years was the engines sucking water and blowing.

Here is an 06 to look at:

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2006-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-Convertible-W0QQAdIdZ486199679

I call BS on the never off road, especially with an MT as a spare tire.

Is the one you are looking at the one at Chrysler in Kentville?

Didn't/Don't all of the Rubi's come with M/T tires from factory?

I have access to the black book value at work. If you PM or post all of the details, I can get the value for you tomorrow.

We use it at work to get a midline value for any vehicle regardless of "sticker" price.

Quick scour shows they go from 12-18 grand, the big thing with those years was the engines sucking water and blowing.

Here is an 06 to look at:

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2006-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-Convertible-W0QQAdIdZ486199679

I call BS on the never off road, especially with an MT as a spare tire.

A look underneath it will tell the tale on if & how hard it was wheeled. It would have scars. The front bumper doesn't look straight on it either.

Didn't/Don't all of the Rubi's come with M/T tires from factory?

Pretty sure on that for TJ/LJ Rubicon, for sure for JK Rubicons.

A look underneath it will tell the tale on if & how hard it was wheeled. It would have scars. The front bumper doesn't look straight on it either.

If my wife was driving it, the front bumper would not be straight either...just saying :p (I'll get smacked for this comment...she'll know...lol)

Trailwalker, not sure of your budget, but I may have an inside line on a 2009 4dr Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara Edition. It was purchased in Alberta in Aug last year. Don't know a lot of details as of yet (or if it will be for sale at all), but here's a pic. Never off-road.

My cousin was intending on joining us for a run this year, but sadly he passed away 2 weeks ago.

post-429-0-61192200-1370984029_thumb.jpg

Trailwalker, not sure of your budget, but I may have an inside line on a 2009 4dr Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara Edition. It was purchased in Alberta in Aug last year. Don't know a lot of details as of yet (or if it will be for sale at all), but here's a pic. Never off-road.

My cousin was intending on joining us for a run this year, but sadly he passed away 2 weeks ago.

I am sorry for your loss.

I will be going through dealer finance so not sure how that would work but a 4 dr would not be the worst thing ever.

the big thing with those years was the engines sucking water and blowing.

expand on this please. Is there something that I can look for or does it behave in a certain way......or is it one of those things that one day you just wake up and it doesn't work.

expand on this please. Is there something that I can look for or does it behave in a certain way......or is it one of those things that one day you just wake up and it doesn't work.

People who slam through puddles or ford too deeply - the engine is prone to sucking in water due to the location of the air intake.

If you're looking at one it'll either be hydro locked or it won't.

To be clear - these are extreme cases. If you are getting into fording water that deep you might want to invest in a snorkel (i.e. headlight deep) or a submarine... or a HMMWV.

way better jeep too tom ....just my oppinion ... (lmao @ scott "If you are getting into fording water that deep you might want to invest in a snorkel (i.e. headlight deep) or a submarine")... :smiley-music037:

not sure yet, I know that it is an 09 Wrangler that has been wheeled, I signed up to the NSJC and sent him a message asking for a little info. Comes with a winch and looks like the wheels and tires that were on the Rubicon, pretty sure it has a hardtop as well.

I msg you back over on NSJC, you never replied back. I randomly fell on to this forum today and remembered your name. Any more questions on my 09 wrangler? Still a good jeep, just wanted a Rubicon. Power steering pump my only worry with it. Lost some fluid about a month ago I put stop leak in and has been ok sense. I kept my tires that I had on it, also under neath of it wont tell to many stories ether.

Archived