• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

La Poile 'Dry' Run

Bad Dog

I'm looking for a few trails to test out truck, gear etc. on before I head over to Nfld.
Any ideas?
Preferably a long trail with fairly hard wheeling and a spot to camp in the wild. The plan was to head out to the middle-ish of a trail, camp, finish the trail, shuttle to the next trail (or trails), camp, finish up and head home. 3 days total.
No motels, no campgrounds.

Any advice would be great.

You could spend 3 days easily out exploring the former Bowater lands, newly opened to the public.

This is a great idea James; although I'm not sure what you will come across in there for "fairly hard wheeling" - but it would be a good analog for trails that are unknown and rough camping.

This is a great idea James; although I'm not sure what you will come across in there for "fairly hard wheeling" - but it would be a good analog for trails that are unknown and rough camping.

Never know what you may find... part of exploration ;)

http://nsjc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=readersrides&action=display&thread=44210

With the rain here last night, I certainly have a trail to test your "mud & water" abilities while loaded. Unfortunately, it's only 1 hour long.

There were/are several off shoots that would be considered extreme off camber with trail clearing involved.

With the rain here last night, I certainly have a trail to test your "mud & water" abilities while loaded. Unfortunately, it's only 1 hour long.

There were/are several off shoots that would be considered extreme off camber with trail clearing involved.

Sounds great! I don't mind doing a bit of asphalt between trails if the trails are good.

can you PM me the coordinates?

• 1 month later...
So here is the update ...
The "Dog" is back home. Bank account is empty.
Insanely excited about getting the Jeep into some challenging stuff on the coming weekend:
Day 1 : (5 July) - pack up and head out around 1900, camp on the trail
Day 2 : (6 July) - early start, wheel all day, camp & dinner in the rough
Day 3 : (7 July) - late start, big breakfast, a bit of wheeling and then head home
Still need ideas for trails and anyone is welcome to join in.
... and there will be LOT'S of mud with all the rain.
Contact me here or PM me. :)

Nice, that's my kind of wheeling... Just need a fishing adventure in the middle.

Fishin' gear was in tow but we could hardly stand still long enough to open the tackle box.....Horse Flies won out over fishing flies.

This is my dream. Lots of lakes & back roads; Bug nets required! I'm jealous! Also goes to show that anyone can do a trek like this. There is always a hard trail & a soft one...just need to find the roads!

Archived