• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2010 Frontier Pro 4X

Command

True enough, but with these warranties you never know. They're just looking for an out lol. Appointment for next Thursday, should have known it wouldn't have been for anytime soon.

I say you bring it to the poker run and beat on it a bit... then get them to warranty it :)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm lol, The only reason I'm not going to the poker run is because they won't give me time off from work (being a supervisor sucks lol) Plus I can't beat it up to much....Devin wants the locker :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so after taking it to the dealer they have confirmed that I do have a bad axle seal. So parts are on order, should be fixed next friday. They cannot order just the seal, so guess who's getting an brand new axle......yup, this guy :)

Below are pictures I took of my lights in the real world, it really is night and day :)

No lights

post-698-0-98669400-1375499058_thumb.jpg

Low Beams

post-698-0-10278300-1375499063_thumb.jpg

High Beams (which are somehow worse then low beams)

post-698-0-89435200-1375499066_thumb.jpg

LED Lights

post-698-0-43077400-1375499073_thumb.jpg

They make me giggle every time, not gonna lie.

Ok, so a bit overdue but I did get my new axle :) can feel a difference (much smoother). Now......on to that really bad noise right? Well kinda. So after 4.5hrs sitting in an un-comfortable chair watching Shark Week and listening to people go "ewww" (I hid the remote cause I'm an *** like that lol) they determined that noise is normal. Yup, normal. They took 5 frontiers (some they had in the shop, some brand new 2013 PRO-4X's) and they ALL made that exact same noise. They inspected the gears and all is good, so I'm satisfied with that for now.

They replaced my emergency brake pads (contaminated with fluid) which cost me some coin, they also said that I need new rotors and pads all around (quoted me $700). So I figure now would be a good time to upgrade to EBC pads and rotors, staying away from the slotted/cross drilled ones. Mud would love to get in there lol

I went through a set of rear & front pads in less about 30k. All worn evenly to the metal wear tab. Keep in mind that just over 3 years and lots of stop & go traffic. It would all make sense if you've you ever driven in Truro. Town of hills, stop signs & lots of "great" drivers...lol

New rotors and pads? How old is the truck?

Almost 4 years now.

How many kms? Seems premature for a whole new set of brakes.

63000kms on it. Like Devin mentioned, a lot of stop and go traffic and awesome drivers. Did a lot of towing and hauling as well so thats gonna wear them down. Not to mention I've had to get the rotors machined twice due to mud and rocks getting in between them and the pads, that'll wear em down faster lol. Honestly I'm surprised I made it this long lol

So today I got my Rotors and pads installed and decided to bedline my rims. Why not? its nice out shouldnt take long eh? Well I learned a valuable lesson with this one, buy enough axle stands and patience hahaha. Anyways I finished a few minutes ago so I won't be able to see how it looks until tomorrow :(

Before

post-698-0-41232000-1376705616_thumb.jpg

post-698-0-22646200-1376837544_thumb.jpg

The tire removed (ooooo shiny rotors lol)

post-698-0-49771300-1376705626_thumb.jpg

The painting, Thanks Jay for posting this idea up when you did it. Makes things a lot easier :)

post-698-0-35573200-1376705605_thumb.jpg

Finished product

post-698-0-55513500-1376705635_thumb.jpg

post-698-0-51954400-1376837551_thumb.jpg

Thanks Devin for letting me know about the Nissan emblem on the centre cap, they popped right off.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I have decided on a christmas gift....for me :) ( a pro of being single hahahaha) I have decided to do a suspension lift and bigger tires and am looking for options/opinions.

I want to go a total of 4" lift and currently have a 2.5" front and 1.5" rear body lift (spacers and drop brackets). Now I have read that I shouldn't go higher then a 3" suspension lift (with front IFS) due to it putting to much strain on my CV Joints, so in my head the work around would be to keep the body lift and add a 2" suspension lift right? I also read that I shouldn't use both lifts together (one or the other) can't remember the reason behind it exactly though.

Tires are the easy part 33" BFG A/T KO (same as the ones I have now, except bigger)

The package I have been looking at is the PRG Advanced Coilover Package

I have considered doing the Titan Swap as well, but unless I can find a scrapped Titan it gets a little to expensive. One thing I'm not to keen on is the fact I will be wider so narrow trails start to become an issue. Although the Titan swap is not out of the question, mostly due to the bad *** looking factor lol.

So I guess the question is, given my current setup what would you do? As always all opinions and advice is appreciated.

Why do you want the lift?

You can clear 33's now (285/70/17 or 285/75/16's). 3-3.5" is the max not only for the OEM CV's, but also due to the UCA contact on the coil bucket.

I was looking to eventually upgrade suspension components and to be honest it was the "might as well" factor. On the other hand if I can already clear 285/75/16's there may not be much point to go higher after all.

Archived