• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Rancho 5000 series struts

Guest RobertMcC

Rob, check out KYB's as well. They have a better reputation & reliability compared to Ranchos. People had a lot of issues with Rancho struts on Pathfinders, though to be fair, the issues were being experienced with 2" aftermarket lift springs installed, not stock.

Stay away from both Rob, especially for off road. The struts are dampened soft and have little rebound control. The springs are also soft and will tend to sag fairly quickly when put through the abuse of off-road driving. They are intended for on road use.

Take a look at KYB. Find the model # for your runner and post it up. NAPA can order them, but Rock Auto might be cheaper. I abused the KYB's on my Pathfinder and never had a single issue; rode great on-road and dampened well over rough stuff at a higher speed.

4runner being built mostly for street/range rig with some wheeling right now. 2.5" spacer lift and 32's just to get me some more GC to try to keep from breaking parts. If I continue after school running IFS, I'll order OME Springs and Bilstein shocks/struts. For a true 3" lift.

Archived