• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Coffee Night

4x4Mckay

Coffee night this Thursday, 7pm is up for a vote. Where do you guys want to have it? I unfortunately wont be able to make it this week so let the suggestions fly!

EDIT: We have the winner from Facebook post by Scott Caines, it will be in Middle Sackville at 7pm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coffee this week will be in the back parking lot of the Chicken Burger. There is a Tim Hortons next door for coffees, or get some shakes from the burger. Thursday at 7pm, weather looks like it will co-operate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomWood said:

Coffee this week will be in the back parking lot of the Chicken Burger. There is a Tim Hortons next door for coffees, or get some shakes from the burger. Thursday at 7pm, weather looks like it will co-operate.

Going to take this opportunity to update the site software while everyone is out having fun at coffee - just a patch, not a major upgrade.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, jay said:

You called it....

Coffee this week will be at the Tims on Akerley Blvd

OK lol, Now it will be mandatory for me to show up haha, Me and my big mouth! I should be there , I'll be in my F450 office  and wearing the appropriate office attire,  but I'll be there.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The back seat is out of the Scout and she's a general mess inside, the Suburban is leaking fluids and has the kayaks loaded inside and sticking out the back doors, the Rogue is at my brother's,,,,, ya never know we may come!  We've been working hard at the lawn.......... chain saw and all.

• Like 1

I like your new logo Jay..........

Deb and I won't be there.  We ALMOST have the pine tree stump out!  And she wants to get it out so she can finish planting.  So back at it tonight..........

The old Suburban tried a couple winch pulls this morning.  Stump didn't move but there sure was strain, the front springs really compressed. 

Then tried direct pulls with a few jerks, and pieces are coming off!  And the whole stump was moving a bit.  Then I had to come to work!

Broke a chain I had around the stump during a non-winch pull.  Need bigger chain. 

Looked at the SWL of the snatch block when winching.  Need a bigger one for safety.

My aux battery might be toast, or at least needs a good charging.  Had to swap in the Scout battery during the winching.

Deb has pics,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. to follow.

• Like 3