• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Local expeditions

doms

After growing up watching the

on TV I’ve always had an interest in Expedition/overland type travel. My favorite source for everything expedition is expeditionportal.com. it's got tonnes of vehicle tech as well as some amazing trip reports of peoples adventures around the world. I’d love to start doing some overnight, mini adventures locally. I have yet to hear of any good trails to explore that might take more than a day to traverse here in Nova Scotia but I’m sure it’s just a matter of finding them (PM me if you have any ideas).

Anyway, I've seen a few posts on here about "Expo" type runs but I'm just wondering if anyone else has any interest in, or suggestions for, a trip or two this summer?

BTW – Anyone interested in a roof top tent? I might order one from the states and I’d love to split the shipping with someone…

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any olots of unexplored land we might be able to get permission to explore for a weekend or 2 ?

After growing up watching the

on TV I’ve always had an interest in Expedition/overland type travel. My favorite source for everything expedition is expeditionportal.com. it's got tonnes of vehicle tech as well as some amazing trip reports of peoples adventures around the world. I’d love to start doing some overnight, mini adventures locally. I have yet to hear of any good trails to explore that might take more than a day to traverse here in Nova Scotia but I’m sure it’s just a matter of finding them (PM me if you have any ideas).

Anyway, I've seen a few posts on here about "Expo" type runs but I'm just wondering if anyone else has any interest in, or suggestions for, a trip or two this summer?

BTW – Anyone interested in a roof top tent? I might order one from the states and I’d love to split the shipping with someone…

I am totally up for an expedition based run.

Not really familiar with the area but what about Cape Breton?

I am totally up for an expedition based run.

Not really familiar with the area but what about Cape Breton?

I don't know the area either but I did some google maps style trail exploration and there looks like some interesting side roads to explore...

Well this is kind of WAY out there but here goes ...

I've been planning a trip to La Poile Nfld for a year or so now. The attached PDF gives a bit of background. I'm now looking for another truck (or two) to join in.

If you are interested, just drop my a PM or e-mail.

IMG_2449.JPG

La Poile.pdf

I've been planning a trip to La Poile Nfld for a year or so now. The attached PDF gives a bit of background. I'm now looking for another truck (or two) to join in.

IMG_2449.JPG

This sounds like an AWESOME adventure :) I wouldn't be able to do such a trip this year though, as we already have an Alberta trip going on thos summer that eats up my holiday time/money :(

and John, welcome back here, it has been a while. You should come out for coffee one of these times.

That is quite cool and exactly the type of adventure I'd like to tackle. Unfortunately I doubt I'd be able to make such a trip this year but I'll be keen to read a trip report when you get back!

IMG_2449.JPG

Looks like a terrific plan. Love to join you. May not have an appropriate rig together by then. Hmmmmm?

I hope your planning and progress continue on this forum.

Have a blast!

I am INSANELY interested; however, I might have to count myself out from this go-round.

John - based on your profile in that powerpoint deck (love that you created a powerpoint deck for this) I think you and I should chat RE: expedition around the province. Interested? Shoot me a PM.

Archived