• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What else to do.

Guest trailwalker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking on TireRack.com and found some very interesting numbers. Every tire I looked at for off roading, the 35" was more than the 33" of the same tire. I was only looking at 17" rims because that's what I have. But something shocking, when I looked at the Goodyear MTRs: 35x 12.5x 17" was $329, a 35x 12.5x 15" was only $221, BUT a 315-70-17 was $347. All these tires are LT and the specs for the 315 are almost identical to the 35". Here's a good incentive to go back to smaller brakes and thus, a smaller rim. :king:

I was looking on TireRack.com and found some very interesting numbers. Every tire I looked at for off roading, the 35" was more than the 33" of the same tire. I was only looking at 17" rims because that's what I have. But something shocking, when I looked at the Goodyear MTRs: 35x 12.5x 17" was $329, a 35x 12.5x 15" was only $221, BUT a 315-70-17 was $347. All these tires are LT and the specs for the 315 are almost identical to the 35". Here's a good incentive to go back to smaller brakes and thus, a smaller rim. :king:

In the name of safety; the larger the tire, the bigger the brake is better. Especially for a dual purpose DD/weekend wheeler.

Archived