• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

4runner is busted up pretty good haha :(

Guest My04T4R

James I beg to differ, I have 4wd now and a new o2 sensor. Left the garage UN broken, but fixed...

but for how long this time? I know you at least made it past the road to my shop, Saw you go by on my way home ;) Good to see tge litlle beast putzing along again ;)

Sam, as far as buying stealership parts only ...there is a reason why we refer to them as the stealership.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but for how long this time? I know you at least made it past the road to my shop, Saw you go by on my way home ;) Good to see tge litlle beast putzing along again ;)

Sam, as far as buying stealership parts only ...there is a reason why we refer to them as the stealership.

With it, i dunno. I was worried, I didn't know the diff was gonna blow up or not at highway speed with the front diff locked engaged ( Guess that warning must only apply to the Tcase ) But it didn't, running much better, ain't running rich anymore (didnt burn 40$ of supreme in 60KM) I gotta do the Tcase seals again started to see them seeping and rig up a new skid plate.

Honestly call up another dealer even out of town, I'm pretty sure there prices be better then O'regans. I know with VW I get a better deal out in Truro, then Hillcrest or Steele.

James and I both know how much rip off Toyota parts are.

I find if you do your research and don't skimp out on the lower end of the aftermarket products, you will find the parts are made produced more superior than the dealer. As for the mechanical part I learned through my father, Haynes manuels, and forums. Do it yourself is best and if you require special tools you can borrow them at Canadian Tire! Shawn learnt a lot about his jeep when we fixed his axle and installed 4 Ball Joints. That is a large part of being a club member, help one another and if someone is working on their vehicle and looking for help even if you are not mechanically inclined and it is a different vehicle go hand them tools, bring them coffee, and watch cause vehicles are similar in a lot of ways and you can still get good info.

Archived