• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Feb 3rd Slip n' Slide

RobertMcC

Wish the front would be as strong aha going to get jan to cut me some leaf spring mounts and get some u bolts made and I can start on this beast! Also have a solid diff cover to go on it and ill pick one up for the front as well

Axle cannot be that $$$$ just buy one. You call APJ or CVO, or Pat at his shop?

Im going to try and replace it with the RCV axle for my D30. So My guess is around 1100+. And no, never got around to calling them yet, been busy and exhausted. Was up at 330 to walk my *** to the Stadacona to Unlock one of the buildings haha. Miss my Jeep :(

Its a pretty damn excuse, how goes the hunt for an axle?

Just saving up the dough, I need to replace the ball joints as well. Might as well get a decent set of those while Im at it.

Im going to try and replace it with the RCV axle for my D30. So My guess is around 1100+. And no, never got around to calling them yet, been busy and exhausted. Was up at 330 to walk my *** to the Stadacona to Unlock one of the buildings haha. Miss my Jeep :(

Just saving up the dough, I need to replace the ball joints as well. Might as well get a decent set of those while Im at it.

I posted up on the NSJC site looking for an axle for you. Doesn't hurt to have it up and running so you can drive it in the meantime. I also messaged someone else on what to do in the meantime until you find an axle, so you can still drive it.

Yeah considering you can get a few Dana 44 Axles for that much,

Food for thought...

$1200 for RCVs(for both sides, and NEVER need to buy new axles. VERY hard to break (unless you're Jeff Hiltz ;) ) with 35" tires, even witha locker.

$200 for OEM (low side of price) and easy to break, even without a locker. Multiply this by 6, and you just paid the same as a set of RCVs. And you will continue to pay. I have seen Darren snap 2 axles in one day at Sweetland with the old 'Chief. And he did it again at the mud bogs last summer. If he had a JK he would be WELL past the cost of a set of RCVs (he has broke more than 4); because JK axles are not as plentiful as XJ/TJ/YJ axles.

So now I ask you... Is the piece of mind worth the expense? If I had th $$$, I would get them.

Give Peck's a call in Digby and talk to Tracy or Jason. They'll look after you with AND especially after the sale.

Archived