• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Jeep JK and WK2 Recovery

autumnwalker

lmao @ robert ..."winch bait"!!!! :bravo:
lol, I thought it would take longer for someone to notice. I sent the PM to Scott @ 11:18. Only took 2 hrs 14 mins for someone to see it. :)

The one thing about mods is that it does make the rig more capable, but also more able to tackle harder trails & lines usually leading to more stucks.

lol, I thought it would take longer for someone to notice. I sent the PM to Scott @ 11:18. Only took 2 hrs 14 mins for someone to see it. :)

The one thing about mods is that it does make the rig more capable, but also more able to tackle harder trails & lines usually leading to more stucks.

Alot of my issues is tires... I went from a 265/70R16 down to a 225/75R16. Lost some ground clearance and wider foot path.

You make the stickers, Ill rock it...

I do have tires planned for the next mod, then locker in the rear. Once its paid off SAS and then done for a while. Its true though the more mods, the harder the line you try, the more stuck you get. Which is what happened to me on the 15th lol

lol, that was nothing. Tires or a locker would have had you clear without issue. I love hard lines but my tires are 3/4 worn so I stay away from them for the moment (to be remedied in the spring!). With the winch, I'll tackle them. As Eastcoastcam did on the recovery last night, I'd rather connect & winch than to have a pull (in some cases). Much easier on equipment.

You were almost part of that club too...2' further to the left, you would have been buried. I'll have to search, but I have pics of a former member in that hole at the start of the trail. That hole you traversed drops off really, really quickly! I'll have to look for pics, but since my CPU crashed 6 months ago, I'm not sure I have the pics.

Found them. RattX, not sure where he is now, but hope thing are good! Full size Excursion on 35's (maybe 37's) in the same hole without rain. Also pics of Clarence in teh same hole with his Zuk. Going back a bit to 2009...lol

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/TRUXterra/2009/?albumview=slideshow

Yeah, and that was in a dry spell. That would be 12"+ deeper when we ran it last weekend! That run was before your time Scott and before I had most of my mods. It was a blast to see the black smoke pouring out of RattX when he went through it (diesel) and Clarence was not a stranger to the hole in his Zuk either. 4x4Mckay was lucky (or knowledgeable) to be inside that line on the last run while breaking the ice! On the run previous to the pics the month before (I wasn't there but Dave (Xman) was) it claimed 2 jeeps due to hydro-lock...both on 33's iirc.

Oh trust me, few that know of it, play in it...and we warn everyone of the pending doom. 4x4 was the only one to break the ice that day, and lots stepped out to stop it as/before it happened. NO ONE in this club would ever say "try that hole" in order to cause damage!!!

Archived