• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Jeep JK and WK2 Recovery

autumnwalker

Distress call went out tonight around 9:50 PM - James and I responded.

Two guys driving new Jeeps, JK Rubicon Unlimited and a Grand Cherokee Limited (?), were stuck in mud at The Range. Nice guys, were wheeling together, had recovery gear... just had a stroke of bad luck and were new to the mud.

Easy recovery... we were back on the highway in an hour. Hopefully we will have two new members soon :)

post-461-0-36412000-1356060865_thumb.jpg

post-461-0-60944200-1356060867_thumb.jpg

post-461-0-52745600-1356060869_thumb.jpg

post-461-0-30639800-1356060871_thumb.jpg

Excellent job boys. They shot me a note on the NSJC board and I told them someone would be out chop-chop. This two-club thing might be pretty great after all. ;)

Yeah, their buddy pm'd everybody that was online trying to get somebody. I wasn't about to head out alone, as you never know what you will encounter in getting (you know ALL ABOUT that, eh Len? ;) ). When Scott said he was in, off we went. The guys that were stuck got picked up by their friend and was at his place, but fortunately, that was right along my way, so I met them at the storeand the rest is history. :)

The worst part is is that I have a bunch of flood lights sitting in my garage waiting to go on the roof of the deuce... I need to get over to the shop and build my roof basket.

Scott, here's the Roof Top Cargo Carrier I have on the Grand, but I bought it through Sears for $139.95, you can also get an 18" extension section to make it 5'6" long instead of 4' like mine.

http://www.rolaproducts.com/content/products.aspx?lvl=3&parentid=2000&catID=2025&part=59504

Scott, here's the Roof Top Cargo Carrier I have on the Grand, but I bought it through Sears for $139.95, you can also get an 18" extension section to make it 5'6" long instead of 4' like mine.

http://www.rolaproducts.com/content/products.aspx?lvl=3&parentid=2000&catID=2025&part=59504

That's cute ;) I could get about 4 of those on my roof, sideways.

I have the metal for my custom rack already dimensions will be roughly 101" x 63"

Archived