• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

HMMWV Deep Water Training

Guest autumnwalker

With quality leather seats, that is not an issue.

...unless you're a shmuck and "Armour All" them! :smiley-gen069:

I was wondering how you were going to respond to that post James - we know who you mean by shmuck! :)

I don't slide around at all in my "quality leather seats", nor have I stuck to them in the summer. I make sure to put leather oil / balm on them and not Armor All - I don't put that s*** on anything.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With quality leather seats, that is not an issue.

...unless you're a shmuck and "Armour All" them! :smiley-gen069:

Even my Passat was like that and I don't armour all anything. One guy thought it be funny to do my seats and pedals, Yeah well, joke on him, I ended up running into his car...

Been sitting on leather for the past three years, first time off roading with leather, and I love it. I stay put in the seat, and its quite comfy. Just wish they were heated, Julie's VW Golf (base model) has heated cloth seats and they are nice in the winter.

You just seem to be buying the wrong cars lol.

Ok maybe I lied a little bit, heated seats might be nice, considering last night took me 16mins of driving till i actually felt some heat from the vents. mittens ain't the best for driving in lol and I never once got over 75* operating temp.

I wish I had heated seats in my Liberty(which I love and kicks ***)!! We have heated cloth seats in our golf and it is the only thing I really like about that car. I am with Scott on the leather though, if you are going to pay that much for a luxury it better be luxurious.

Audi gets high quality German engineering and materials. Volkswagen gets their leftovers.

:smiley-laughing021: so true.

Considering VW owns Audi, I tell ya German made ones are much better then the Brazil or Mexican made ones...

They own 99.55% of audi, 100% of Lamborghin, Bentley, Bugatti, Ducati, Seat, Skoda. 49% of Porsche and 19% of Suzuki

Well when my jeep was made, it was a mercedes. Currently the new ones are Fiat, which happens to own Ferrari. You can pretty well tie all american built cars to europe. Ford is much better in Europe and is bring those models over, also used to own Jag, Aston Martin and Land Rover. GM is simply rebadged Vauxhaull for the most part. Nowadays cant get anything North American without a tie in to the imports. However you'd would think that they might use some italian leather for the jeeps now!

Well when my jeep was made, it was a mercedes. Currently the new ones are Fiat, which happens to own Ferrari. You can pretty well tie all american built cars to europe. Ford is much better in Europe and is bring those models over, also used to own Jag, Aston Martin and Land Rover. GM is simply rebadged Vauxhaull for the most part. Nowadays cant get anything North American without a tie in to the imports. However you'd would think that they might use some italian leather for the jeeps now!

Its down to how much profit they can make... Your telling me cars today are worth how much they sell them for?

Archived