• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Why Not To Wheel Alone...

Guest Eastcoastcam

Anyone get a pic or two (saved or taken) they can send? I know of a few bridges in the area and I'm interested to see which one. The worst of them I can think of has a bypass but with the water level given the recent rain... Glad everyone was ok, but damn, based on the description of events, things could have been fatal.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone get a pic or two (saved or taken) they can send? I know of a few bridges in the area and I'm interested to see which one. The worst of them I can think of has a bypass but with the water level given the recent rain... Glad everyone was ok, but damn, based on the description of events, things could have been fatal.

It was the bridge you are thinking of.

All I have to say to that is WOW! As mentioned above, I was reluctant to walk across "that one". Dave & I did that run just months before he was posted away. Hats off to the recovery team, a crane would have made the recovery easier.

Until I see definitive pics, I'll stand on the side lines. If it is the "bridge" I'm thinking about, he is no more responsible than the next guy; it was about to collapse at any crossing. If another bridge, (I know the area well), he should be made to replace it!

But then again a ATV bridge ain't meant to hold the weight of a SUV, Falling apart or not. He drove on it, he damaged it, should have to replace it.

One ATV club are quick to pointing blame to NSJC.

http://marineriders.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=41&func=view&catid=9&id=1146

Just shows how quick the public is to point fingers...Just because 1 lone "jeep"

But then again a ATV bridge ain't meant to hold the weight of a SUV, Falling apart or not. He drove on it, he damaged it, should have to replace it.

One ATV club are quick to pointing blame to NSJC.

http://marineriders....catid=9&id=1146

Just shows how quick the public is to point fingers...Just because 1 lone "jeep"

I have a feeling this might get ugly.

Neither did we have any part in breaking that bridge. Jeep driver was totally unknown to the Club before yesterday.

And it was stated when recovering the jeep out, Not to damage the bridge anymore then it already was.

Shows how people are so quick to point fingers. I dunno maybe combined effort between clubs, Get the media involved and be like we have recovery teams in place to help others as others do to us. Just helping a fellow offroad enthusiast. NSJC was only there to get the jeep out of the river. I dunno. tired of this point fingers because we drive this or that.

We all wear this crown of s***.

I think we should stay out of it for now - our club is not involved in any way as of yet.

I think if this becomes an issue of land use than we should look at getting involved, but for now lets stay out of it rather than have fingers pointed at us too.

In my opinion, NSJC didn't do anything wrong by helping the kid; however, they are now attached to this incident which is starting to get out of control. Lets not fan the flames by sticking our nose into someone else's business until it directly concerns us.

Media has already not done the situation any favors by posting that a Jeep was stranded because they crashed through an ATV bridge. This could have easily been another 4x4 vehicle (rather than a Jeep). It was the driver that made the mistake, not the vehicle. They also didn't give any credit to the recovery effort by NSJC nor did they distance NSJC from the driver of the Jeep - ambiguous reporting is just as bad as direct negative reporting when people start to point fingers.

Archived