• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Why Not To Wheel Alone...

Guest Eastcoastcam

Saw this on NSJC today...

http://nsjc.proboard...ad=41143&page=1

A Jeep, on its side off of one of the bridges on the Myra. Len (Roadtripper & Scottanche) went in to help out, apparently without alot of info till they got there. Apparently the stuck Jeep's occupants were there in the woods all nite. Wow, wet & cold; not a good night to get stuck with your rig on its side :eeeew: .No word yet on if they got the Jeep out yet. Others went out to help, hope the rescue effort was/is successfull.

Len, we would love to see some pics, if you have any. And hear the story on the rescue effort. Anybody else from this board out there?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they got him out. A quote from Shaun (Coolwind1 on NSJC)..." 3 winches,2 snatch blocks and about an hour of tugging and relocating cables we got him out.", who went out to help Len & Scott, with a few others. I can't wait to see some pics from this.

Looking forward to the story on this one from you Len, as one of the "first on scene" for the recovery, hint, hint ;) !!

It was a kid who had no business being where he was with a vehicle that was totally under-equipped to be there. Wheeling alone, with no experience. He is lucky that nobody was hurt or killed. We got him out without damaging the bridge further and without going into the water ourselves. We were lucky to have some of our best recovery people there, and I think the kid learned a valuable lesson. We just wanted to get the Jeep out of the water as quickly as possible. The Jeep is three weeks old.

It was a kid who had no business being where he was with a vehicle that was totally under-equipped to be there. Wheeling alone, with no experience. He is lucky that nobody was hurt or killed. We got him out without damaging the bridge further and without going into the water ourselves. We were lucky to have some of our best recovery people there, and I think the kid learned a valuable lesson. We just wanted to get the Jeep out of the water as quickly as possible. The Jeep is three weeks old.

Sounds like a great recovery effort Len, kudos!

Is the Jeep salvageable or a write off?

Is the Jeep salvageable or a write off?

Off the top of my head, she needs repairs to drivers door, hood, passenger side fender, flare, front and rear doors. The bpillar is bent so the rear pax door won't open and windshield frame is bent and dented. The soft top and soft top frame are screwed, the tub is dented and bent in more places than I can count. The computer was under water for hours and hours, and the interior and dash are well and truly soaked for the same reason. Personally I think she is wrote. Mike was able to get it to run, but I don't think it will be covered under the warranty. Also needs a windshield.

Archived