• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

4x4 park

Guest BLAZZING-XJ

http://nsjc.proboards38.com/index.cgi?bo....read=1187739890

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was curious to see if there would be interest in an Off-Road Jeep 4x4 Adventure Park in the HRM. It would be on a 2000 acre piece of land 8 minutes from the Armdale Rotary and provide Theme days, Off road Driving Training, I don't know if it would be big enough for a Jeep Jamboree, but if it is, that would work. It could also provide programs like Get To Know Your Jeep, Winter Drivng Skills, Trials Championships, Camping, or just plain sloshing through mud. If there is sufficent interest, I could proceed with my business partner. I also mentioned a lodge/clubhouse sufficent to hold a large group, possible cabins, memberships, advertised radio events. I am looking for input. The people who drive 4x4's, Jeeps in particular know more about it or what they want better than me so let me know. I am able to get some sponsorship for events, and the bigest obsticle, a large chunk of multi-terrain, ocean front, rock, mud, forest, and flat land could be used for all kinds of fun off orad stuff.

Further, Jeep people, or other such "REAL" 4x4 people who wish to become involved as instructors, tour guides, advanced driving instructors, how-to-mechanical people, P/R, or whatever input would be compensated. It does not just have to include Jeep. I have a guy who wants to buy a Hummer as soon as this opens. I figure it would give Jeep owners something to laugh at or tow backwards uphill! (No, I didn't tell him that, he owns the land)

My email: [email protected]

Let me know about anything you think would help get this going and make some $$ and have some fun. Again, don't be afriad to include NON-Jeep people, as this will take a big chunk of change to get up and running.

Richard

COPY FROM JEEP CLUB BORD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I

smiley.gifthat would be something for evreyone to do and not have to worry about MVI's for those guy's who like to built trucks or jeeps that wouldn't pass MVI for one stupid reason or another and maybe we might be able to put something on like fox mountian with our club u know like a charity event or something for less fortunate kids not nessasarly to raise money but just like a fun day with games and stuff like that it would be close to home so it wouldn't be that hard so hopefuly it gets going cheesy.gif

smiley.gif Would love to see it happen. There seems to be enough 4x4 interest (NS Jeep club, Back Country, former Xtreme, etc) that I hope it does eventually. I would certainly pay an annual dues to help keep it open. Annual mud drags and slalom course, yeah! And if the local jeep dealers and land rover dealer used it to showcase their stuff, that would help even more. (This has happened before, even here!) There is a much longer thread on the Jeep Club. cool.gif

Quote:
And if the local jeep dealers and land rover dealer used it to showcase their stuff, that would help even more. (This has happened before, even here!)

Yeah... didn't they have something at exhibition park for a couple dealers?? I remember hearing on the radio that you could test drive the new Toyota Tundra on an off road course cool.gif

Former Xtreme club? it's gone? ... what happened?

Dave

That's right, I forgot about Toyota setting up the 'off-road' course during the Sport and RV show. Land Rover has taken a trip up the Beaver Bank trail a couple of years back. Jeep has the Jam, they could hold a Jeep 101 as well. And the guy with the H2 doing the Halifax Adventures could be a customer as well!

Xtreme died out a couple of years ago, unless they started back up again. Many of the members started/joined the Back Country club.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived