• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Gas Prices

Guest TomWood

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if you look at the last time gas was this high, and compare to a barrel of oil, time is about the same, but barrel of oil was 145 per barrel, and gas was 1.45, we are now sitting at 97 dollars a barrel and gas is probably going to be that much on Friday.

Nice, looked at the price of gas in quebec, I heard it went up but looking at numbers it doesnt seem to be 13 cents across the province, only in one city. Which tells me they are not regulated and that makes a difference I think, Friday should be interesting either way.

I missed the guy on 95.7 on the Rick Howe Show, but I am sure they'll be talking about whatever happens in NB tonight. The Maritimes are the only provinces with "regulated" prices, and it costs us about 4 cents/litre, after you take the "tax on tax" out of the equation. Price regulation should be removed completely, it clearly doesn't work, imo.

The average price of gasoline across Canada edged higher Thursday, but one forecasting website predicted it would begin to drop Friday after a big spike at the pumps earlier this week.

The price-predicting website TomorrowsGasPricesToday.com says the cost of a litre of gasoline will be anywhere from five to seven cents lower after midnight tonight, depending on the region.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2012/09/13/gasoline-prices.html?cmp=rss

We are likely not in that "region".

Archived