• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Insurance Companies

Guest autumnwalker

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, excellent news. Got full coverage through Intact for $817/year! That's over twice as much as my existing RBC insurance @ $363 but almost 1/2 as much as ABC quoted through Facility@ $1497/year!

Best insurance experience I've had by far. She was the only broker to take pics, ask for a list of accessories/modifications and then forward them to the underwriter and ACTUALLY called to speak to them directly in order to get an approval!!

If you want her info, let me know. I promised not to make it public so I'll reply via PM's with details!!

And I'm still going to look at that 71 Bronco as posted in another thread ;)

James that's only for the "Soccer mobile" as you have called it so often on more than one forum :twak: :smiley-rolleyes005:

When I add the car (full coverage) & home, both still through RBC, I'm ~$220 due to Marie's accident in January.

I also got to the bottom of the changes as of April 1st, 2013 in regards to insurance. As of that date, regardless of who is at fault for an accident, your own insurance company pays to repair your vehicle, not the other driver's insurer. You are not at fault and it does not have any impact to your driving record, but your company pays to fix your vehicle. Not the same as no fault, but going that way.

This is the reason as to why a lot of us will be getting letters from our current insurers, as regardless of your personal driving history, most companies will not want to pay for the additional costs associated with bring a modified rig back to it's former state!

My renewal for the X was on May 1st, any coincidence as to why I got the letter on Thursday last week given a modified vehicle + Wifey's accident back in January.....phuckers!

James that's only for the "Soccer MOM mobile" as you have called it so often on more than one forum :twak: :smiley-rolleyes005:

When I add the car (full coverage) & home, both still through RBC, I'm ~$220 due to Marie's accident in January.

Fixed it for you ;)

Yeah, ours last year was $232, and $236 the year before that. I had an accident with my Dodge in Sept 2009, so when we renewed the next year it went up. This summer for renewal I hope it comes down again, but then again, I am not holding my breath.

Wish I was as OLD as you guys to have insurence that low!!!!! hehehe.

Me :twak: Brandi ...and it's a STICK, not a cane!!! ;)

...And LOW??? Really, I think Devin agrees with me on we think that is EXPENSIVE still !!!

...and for the record, I am only 21, with going on 19years experience :P

Those are pretty high for monthly, but James has a few different things which doesn't make the number so bad, especially when two vehicles and apartment insurance is 135 a month for us (Both full coverage).

Those are pretty high for monthly, but James has a few different things which doesn't make the number so bad, especially when two vehicles and apartment insurance is 135 a month for us (Both full coverage).

Full coverage on the Honda FIt, PLPD on the truck and the Rover plus house insurance = $251 a month... And that is a lot less than I could get anywhere else that I called. No accidents, no tickets, no claims, multiple driving courses, etc. I hate insurance... until I need to use it of course!

We all paid high insurance before. My dropped down alot once my accident was cleared 7 years later and I was over 25.

FYI some insurance companies offer "accident forgiveness" Its worth looking into, Like Devin said his wife got in a accident and now that gonna hurt her insurance for a bit, Accident Forgiveness would not effect you at all.

We all paid high insurance before. My dropped down alot once my accident was cleared 7 years later and I was over 25.

FYI some insurance companies offer "accident forgiveness" Its worth looking into, Like Devin said his wife got in a accident and now that gonna hurt her insurance for a bit, Accident Forgiveness would not effect you at all.

Typically you have to be with the company while you have the accident. If you switch to the new company who offers accident forgiveness they normally will not honour it.

Typically you have to be with the company while you have the accident. If you switch to the new company who offers accident forgiveness they normally will not honour it.

Well ya... But it a nice thing to have.

Well AVIVA dropped me in 2008 ( Because I had a modded Honda ) Been with this company since, I just found they offer accident forgiveness last year.

Archived