• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't today, Yesterday, picked up the new Axles for the old girl, D44 rear with lock rite, D30 front with ARB and pump & O/B air, now to find the time to swap...need to order rear E-Brake Lines, and maybe the rear brake kit to rebuild them. Looking at ordering ZJ tie rod, may as well copy EastCoastCam lol..since he's doing such a good job with his heep.

Wasn't today, Yesterday, picked up the new Axles for the old girl, D44 rear with lock rite, D30 front with ARB and pump & O/B air, now to find the time to swap...need to order rear E-Brake Lines, and maybe the rear brake kit to rebuild them. Looking at ordering ZJ tie rod, may as well copy EastCoastCam lol..since he's doing such a good job with his heep.

Sounds like Daren's gear. It's a nice setup!

Ready for a ls swap are you Gene if so i can help you out with that you wouldn't regret it ;-)

This drivetrain item is farther downsrtream than the engine, needed fixing anyway...

Maybe I should think about an LS swap! Not much power left in my old girl, and the vacuum choke break doesn't work, making really poor warm ups in this kind of weather!

I am getting into this I just completed a swap into a 87 Oldsmobile cutlas supreme with a 4.8 and 4l60e with all systems integrated did custom gauges and built a y pipe for the exhaust and flashed computer. It works awesome I will post some pics in a bit

Awesome, looking forward to it B) !

Well as most of you know the jeep is parted and just a shell left in the yard lol well this is the replacement 99 ram 1500 short wheel base with the 318 I re painted the pealing wheels with dupli color wheel paint in graphite color left the center caps silver and I picked up a rear tool box this morning have a little bit of work I have planed as of now just matenence stuff wheel bearings ball joints and a couple small repairs under the box and cab corners and bottom of the passenger side fender other than that's it's in grest shape and under coated regularly

post-614-0-48347300-1394309897_thumb.jpg

post-614-0-45634900-1394309914_thumb.jpg

post-614-0-70600400-1394309931_thumb.jpg

post-614-0-36244600-1394309948_thumb.jpg

post-614-0-21653600-1394309965_thumb.jpg

Don't think so I was gonna plasti dip them but this stuff is like 10-12$ a can used 2 paint and 2 primer I just used a wire wheel on the grinder for the spots that where flakeing then feathered out the edges with 100 then 320 grit

I got some new LED bulbs for my reverse lights in the WK. It seems that ever since manufacturers starting tinting rear windows in vehicles, the rear visibility at night sucks. I read about these on JeepForum, they're a 7w CREE bulb with a projector. They are brighter to look at, but do they really throw more light? I'll know soon whther they are really any better than the regular 3157 bulbs that I took out. Here is a comparison between the 2 types of bulbs, a shot of just my Jeep with reverse lights on and a comparison with my wife's PT Cruiser (3157 bulbs).

post-690-0-65425000-1394412476_thumb.jpg

post-690-0-05506000-1394412540_thumb.jpg

post-690-0-83603500-1394412586_thumb.jpg

I got some new LED bulbs for my reverse lights in the WK. It seems that ever since manufacturers starting tinting rear windows in vehicles, the rear visibility at night sucks. I read about these on JeepForum, they're a 7w CREE bulb with a projector. They are brighter to look at, but do they really throw more light? I'll know soon whther they are really any better than the regular 3157 bulbs that I took out. Here is a comparison between the 2 types of bulbs, a shot of just my Jeep with reverse lights on and a comparison with my wife's PT Cruiser (3157 bulbs).

So how is the view from inside the Jeep with the new bulbs?

Archived