• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks....I've not got them wired up yet as the 'kit' didn't have enough wire to fit. Nor did it have a relay. And I asked the crappy tire monkey if it included a relay...oh well, Luckily I have a 16A Saab relay kicking around in the garage.

Also the 55w halogen bulbs have an Uncle Ben's blue tint....will have to sort that out also.

Lights got hooked up. I was surprised how white they are given the blue coating on the bulbs.

I'm sure they won't last....they're pretty flimsy and the first branch will probably take them out.

Before buying these I was going to pull the trigger on a pair of Hella 500s...but they're too big for the 4 inch gap.

These will do for now :)

IMG_20140112_133236.jpg

i used to have a 5000k hid kit on bimmer, sold it to go with 8000k but i honestly liked my 5000k better. the higher the number is, the more you get that "blue-ish" color and they're not any brighter. and yes they make a big difference. i could light up my entire backyard at night and even transport trucks would turn their high beams on when they saw me coming haha

If if stock housings you are what us transport drivers call an *******.

oem projectors with an aftermarket hid kit in them. i had them aimed down quite a bit, plus the fact i was lowered almost 3 inches,but it was still retarded. anyways, no pissing people off anymore, she's going to end up driving to tracks on a trailer :)

more lights..where for ?

The company I get my lights from just introduced LED auto bulbs. So I ordered LED headlights and fog lights. They're made with the same LED's as in my current light bars, and are DOT approved. Be interesting to see what they're like, supposed to be far superior to halogen.

Nice. I've read the LEDs have come a long way...will be interested to hear what u think of them

You are correct, each light is supposed to have 1800 lumens of light output. I have seen pic's of the light's in action and they look awesome. I'll post up pictures when I get them in.

Dedicated track car? You should post a build thread.

i m not gonna get to it until next summer though, she's just waiting now. i had a water leak in the kitchen at new year's eve so i am rebuilding a new kitchen that was not planned, i also have to do a lot of renovations in a friend's house next month and then finish mine. its also probably gonna take a lot of time building it cause i dont think the swap i wanna do has ever been done :) but, sure i will post pics when i get to it

The company I get my lights from just introduced LED auto bulbs. So I ordered LED headlights and fog lights. They're made with the same LED's as in my current light bars, and are DOT approved. Be interesting to see what they're like, supposed to be far superior to halogen.

Gunna need details on these lights. Are they projector style "bulbs"? There is a post on one of the HUMMER forums I'm on and someone has made bulb/projector units that replace your standard bulbs so it prevents the glare from a reflector housing and they are DOT compliant.

Interestingly enough they're designed to be used with your factory housing. They act as your factory bulbs but just throw more light out front, without blinding people just like factory bulbs. Theoretically anyway, I'll post pictures when I get them in and see for myself.

Archived