• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So today coming through sambro way to go home, came upon the road block.. Talking to the cop he goes "well I don't know if there is any trails around here to get around, but that thing loooks like it could make it". ... When infact there was an old trail, so went to it. Part way in realized it was way to grown in to fit through, so turned around... And this is what became of the tires !

2 minutes from home, had to drive 2 33's allllllll the way around the loop, (30 min drive, only fit 2 in the cav). Drove it home with 31's on the front and 33's on the rear, again around the loop!!!! 33's back on it now!

post-684-0-11167900-1352154647_thumb.jpg

So today coming through sambro way to go home, came upon the road block.. Talking to the cop he goes "well I don't know if there is any trails around here to get around, but that thing loooks like it could make it". ... When infact there was an old trail, so went to it. Part way in realized it was way to grown in to fit through, so turned around... And this is what became of the tires !

2 minutes from home, had to drive 2 33's allllllll the way around the loop, (30 min drive, only fit 2 in the cav). Drove it home with 31's on the front and 33's on the rear, again around the loop!!!! 33's back on it now!

That sucks. But at least you have that extra set of tires. You would have been f***ed if you didn't. You just have to find a couple of used 31s, if you still want to DD the smaller tires.

I started on a rear bumper today as you can see in pic is what I started with next all marked out 3rd is of one side cut 4th its tacked together and last what I had finished really happy how it looks just need to cut down the ends and cap them the get the metal to build the mounts add some weld on D rings and going to be build in a tire/high lift carrier on it at some point also!

post-614-0-30212500-1352498387_thumb.jpg

post-614-0-24136400-1352498439_thumb.jpg

post-614-0-29230800-1352498695_thumb.jpg

post-614-0-88465800-1352498729_thumb.jpg

Replaced both front spring thanks to Eibach warranty. It's amazing how much better the new ones ride compared to the old. Even though they were only 3 years old & ~30k kms), the new ride is much smoother and I gained another 1/2" to the front fender.

Not sure if I want to use it as a tow point or not I would like to remove the hitch and build one into the bumper but i don't know how much I would trust it I was just going to put the weld on d rings just so there's something on it so its less boring and for light pulls

Archived