• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just waiting for the delivery of a couple more parts to start my long arms. Next step will be to pick up some DOM tube, approx. 52 inches per arm which makes it a little expensive. The 5.13s are a bonus:biggrin:

Got the Scout back in the 'barn' last night.  It had been outside at my brothers for the last month while I overhauled the cooling and hearing system.

She is now safely back inside my gf's garage.  That old soft top leaks a bit around the doors, probably wouldn't take kindly to too much UV, etc.  I can do minor repairs inside the heated, lit garage, etc etc.  I think it's safer out of sight.  It's much closer to where I live.  And my gf usually cooks supper when I go over to work on it!

I'm waiting on the delivery of a universal Trac bar mount which I ordered first. Its the key piece which determines the lenght of my arms. I'm pushing the axle forward as far as possible without changing the OEM steering. I need to fit 40s without going higher. 

Dropped the trans pan to change the valve body.  I'm hoping that this is what is causing the problems I've been having.  From what I've read, it could be.  The Jeep is perfectly drivable the way it is, so if it doesn't fix it, it would just have been a waste of money for the fluid.

I'm also going to change the rear diff fluid in it, and straighten the cover at the bottom where it's bent out some.

So I take it that wasn't you in the ditch at the entrance to the range. Rushing to get my son to a birthday party, really didn't get a good look.

X same colour as yours,  hood was up and it was cover mud???

Nope, wasn't me. 

Well the other valve body is in, and pan is on. Just waiting for the rtv to finish setting before I fill it up. 

I took the plate that holds the valves in place off the valve body that I removed, and where one of the valves seats, was broken. I'm guessing that could cause improper pressure, and cause the low speed gear hunting. I'll find out for sure when I drive it later. 

Put new pads and calipers on the Taco yesterday and adjusted the rear brakes. 

Both calipers had seized, one of the front pad backs had turned purple from heat lol I can finally make it up hills with some sort of ease and I can finally stop! AND I don't have a wheel shake anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Taco is officially at 100% once again.

Changed the rear diff fluid today, and hooked up the heated seats. The drivers seat doesn't work though, so the elements must be broke. 

Easy to check... Just have to take the cover off the seat and look for the break, and solder in a new connection. Or order a generic heating pad if it is not repairable and just connect it to the existing wiring to the switch.

...it's easier with the seat completely out of the Jeep, but a bit of a PIA to get the cover off. Easier coming off than going back on though ;) ... 

Yeah, I really should have wired it and checked it a couple of months ago, ya know, when the days were longer and it wasn't getting cold, lol.

So....  I did more reading on the problems I've been having, and quite a few had similar symptoms, and it was their TPS.  I found how to test the TPS, the the one that was in the Jeep was reading WAY off.  The other one I have is off quite a bit, but it is better.

Archived