• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had to do it again, I would mount the pipe to the side of the A pillar, instead of on top of it. Because snow collects in between the pipe and the wiper, as there's nowhere for the snow to go after being cleared by the wiper.

I didn't think it through in summer ;) but it's not my DD, so no big deal.

Sort of. It has the intake from the fender like the stock one plus a "reverse snorkel" of sorts that reaches down to the bottom of the engine bay.

It came with a plug for the snorkel part which i installed as soon as i started wheeling.

Yours and Matt's vehicles are much taller than mine, so prolly not as much of a concern :)

In the X all of the engine bay electronics and the dizzy cap are mounted above the stock fender intake. I'm sure if I hit a sweet spot for long enough the spark plug channels would fill up and eventually stop the motor, but it could be too late :)

Having said that, I've not unintentionally been in that deep since adding the snorkle, but I'd rather not risk it - I'm sure Ron would have something to add ;)

Worked in the big garage last night, putting stuff back on the shelves after re-arranging and installing new shelves last winter. Moving heavy Suburban length Rock Sliders for one.

Yeah, yeah I know, if they were on the Burb I wouldn't have to move them!

The most interesting part was knocking a large dry chemical(?) fire extinguisher over on to the floor, and breaking a seam into the valve.

Half of the garage floor is now yellow dust. I decided to mostly let it settle and go home..........

Thanks everyone!

This kind of pissed me off. ⬇

post-1082-0-73958700-1432259809_thumb.jp

Had to fix it up with a tiny "L" bracket and lots of silicone. Talking to the seller now to see how they want to handle the whole thing.

And don't sweat it Tom, my girlfriend tagged along and didn't want to stay out real long. I'll keep coming around haha

Archived