• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since its relativly warm and i dont have to work today, i decided to go out and fix upmy winc cable from the weekend.

as i waspulling it out i noticed a few pinches in it.

post-1056-0-30422200-1430495633_thumb.jppost-1056-0-86191800-1430495643_thumb.jppost-1056-0-72460800-1430495658_thumb.jp

I kept pulling it out to see if there was anymore, as i got near the end the whole cable loosed up and the screw that holds the cable on went flying. I guess it got sheered off.

just checked the warranty too and the cable isnt covered.

i really didn't think i put that much stress on the winch last weekend but apparently i did.

anyone know of a good place to get a winch cable?

Thanks alot Jay. Just ordered the first one you posted.

I never think to check amazon for things. I probably should.

You're welcome :) Amazon is the 1st place I check.

I'm really curious to see how it works out for you, as I'd like to do the same.

:biggthumpup: to you for going synthetic! I know there is always a firm debate on the subject (maintenance, UV & abuse), but from a safety stand point; nothing compares!

There are differences in synthetic lines though. Not sure about the Runuva brand (seen them used many times) but as you can see from the pic below, there are differences in quality/strength. My winch line is the one in the middle (from a "construction" point of view) and came with my winch. It's rated 24k lbs (double the winch @12k lbs). Something to consider if you are using a snatch block on a recovery.

post-429-0-07515800-1430503283.png

New set of HiD 6k headlights. The old bulbs were toast, still came on but cast almost no light at all. The HiDs on the other hand, holy **** they're bright. Every second car is flashing the high beams at me thinking mine are on. What a shock when I flick mine back at them.

One nice fellow elected to turn his on and leave them on after I flashed mine to show they're low beams. He got the 50in light bar for his trouble.

New set of HiD 6k headlights. The old bulbs were toast, still came on but cast almost no light at all. The HiDs on the other hand, holy **** they're bright. Every second car is flashing the high beams at me thinking mine are on. What a shock when I flick mine back at them.

One nice fellow elected to turn his on and leave them on after I flashed mine to show they're low beams. He got the 50in light bar for his trouble.

Unless you changed out the housing too and not just the bulbs them your high beams might as well be on. HIDs were not meant for conventional housings and there's almost no cut off with them.

I can't say much though i still havnt re aimed my lights after my lift. Lol

Also, make sure your winch is intended for syn rope , some winches are not ment for syn rope and under a hard pull the "sinch" of the rope on the drum will actually distort or crush the drum

Archived