• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant wait either....although I'm freaking exhausted LOL

And a HUGE thank you goes out to Devin for helping me out with the Lokka discount and giving me motivation to do the install - still no import duty invoice BTW :) :)

and also everyone else who's give me advice along the way :) it's greatly appreciated...what an awesome club we have !!!

Ok so got a new seal and put her all back together. She's good to go and get broken again. LOL.

And some pics

First the busted up CV that was seized onto the inner axleattachicon.gif20150427_183939.jpg

And the splines of the inner shaft after we pressed out the old CV. attachicon.gif20150427_191921.jpg

It will come apart so much quicker next time, now that you know how, and the bolts and splines are all freed up! Ask Jay, he just did it also!

I upgraded to a MSD Blaster epoxy filled coil tonight on the Scout. Epoxy filled because I have it horizontal in the factory location and the MSD oil filled ones you can't mount horizontal! Although sealed against leakage, there isn't enough oil to cover the windings when horizontal for proper cooling. My original had too high of a primary resistance. I have a Mallory distributor but Mallory has been bought out by MSD last month and this is now the matching coil. I was also able to get the matching Mallory ballast resistor new.

I also took off the *******' starter relay that I bought new and put on, because it is busted right from the store. I had a bad feeling when I bought it that it was an inexpensive no-name brand. And my gut was right. And I suspect the store doesn't take electrical returns. I'll be getting a better one!

Went for a little test run from Fall River to Bayers via the 102 with the front hubs locked and in 2WD. No issues, no over heating or leaking so far.

Also found a nice shale pit and some loose rocks - climbed up no problem, not an inch of wheel slip :)

Why is it photos don't look as gnarly as in real life? ..not saying these are..but u know what I mean :)

IMG_20150429_182816.jpg

IMG_20150429_193141b.jpg

That hill is bad-***. Been there twice and didn't want to try it LOL

I haven't tried it either, but I also haven't been there when anyone else has. You go first Jay, and then I'll decide! :D

It is not nearly as bad as you think it is. It is much easier though when it is warmer and dry... The warm rock and warm tires provides a lot more grip.

Since I finally figured out how to post pictures, thanks to Tom :)

Here's what I did the last week! A little lamer than lockers.. but eh :)

New exhaust!! It doesn't sound like a subaru anymore! I had to do some custom work to make it fit though, It's for a v6!

17296087306_2c78d166a1.jpg20150426_164707 by mitch_parsons, on Flickr

Then we have the CB antenna mounted and the Coax ran!

17320194852_0dfc0bb0b0.jpg20150428_153714 by mitch_parsons, on Flickr

And last but not least I "finished" my grille! But its an off white so I sanded and painted again.

17134496360_eaeeb350e1.jpg20150429_161749 by mitch_parsons, on Flickr

The tip is MASSIVE! Its a clamp so I can take it off if I know I'm going to be wheeling! However exhaust is corrosive, And I'm fond of my bed sides for now! :D

I haven't gotten the actual radio in yet but I spent some time yesterday routing the cable. It enters the body underneath the center console through a plug, and then runs along the inside to the passenger footwell (where the cb will be mounted).

All that's left is finding power for the CB (I have to decide whetehr I want to hard wire it or make a plug in for the cigarette lighter) and ground the antenna. Then it'll be ready to be tuned.

Archived