• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

But, do you care to tell us more?  Her insurance is going to expect a claim from you?  They should be paying for a new light bar and installation at a shop? The light bar may now be cracked and subject to weather? What about checking for frame damage or wheel alignment twisted?  You don't want to find out later............

And, of course you would need to file an accident report at the police station or anything you say later means nothing.

I've been a position thrice where the other driver was at fault, damage to my vehicle was easily fixable by me.  Once the driver gave me suitable compensation off the books, he also fixed his own car.  So no police report.  The other two times their insurance company gave me money equal to about half of what a shop would charge, and I signed off I would not be asking for more.  But I had to file a police report or they wouldn't pay me.  And you have to file within 24 hrs I believe.

Even if you don't fix your vehicle 'perfectly', the minor damage decreases it resale value.

Just wondering!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

But, do you care to tell us more?  Her insurance is going to expect a claim from you?  They should be paying for a new light bar and installation at a shop? The light bar may now be cracked and subject to weather? What about checking for frame damage or wheel alignment twisted?  You don't want to find out later............

I can expand on the subject a bit. At first I wasn't overly concerned about it (it's just a light bar), I let my insurance company know about the incident but have since started a claim (won't hurt to get everything looked at).  Not sure if it'll be covered due to it being an "auxiliary accessory" so we'll see.  I have just a few scratches on my bumper but thats it.  As for frame damage and wheel alignment, I cannot accurately check myself but they literally just hit the corner of my lightbar so I'm not confident it affected anything.  However it will be checked by a professional to make sure.

7 hours ago, Command said:

Yeah, I hear ya there. They seem to change year to year with no one informing anyone of the changes lol.

There is a Redseal mechanic on the board here... He should pipe in and give us some insight

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, sar4x4 said:

Can it be repaired?

Could probably repair it by welding some new material onto it, I. Think it broke due to a combination of wear and abuse, but I got some spare Mopar parts here that should work, and I think there is a Ford trans with the shifter handle cut off hiding somewhere around here too. 

Installed the front driveshaft into the Eagle. Had to change the yokes on the front diff and the transfer case (miserable to do when it's snowing and raining, outdoors and on the ground). But now I have 4x4, just have to get my new tires installed :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got the 15" 8 on6.5" whees mounted with the 15" tires, should be straight bolt in swap for the FF Dana 60 rear. Still unsure of gears , I haven't checked yet. Now, just have to cut the rear end out of both the f150 and the bronco and bolt the D60 back into the f150

46 minutes ago, jay said:

Snap! I treated the Ford to some fully synthetic :)

Damn, going all out!! :) 

I took my blower motor out just to see if there were any leaves in it.  Just a few tiny pieces, nothing major.  I also squirted a bit of lube onto the shaft (that sounds kinda dirty), and the fan spins a tiny bit better now.

Archived