• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

I have a truck again :)  transmission is in and working well. Now to see if I can combine the 2 broken ones to make a working one and sell it to recoup some loss.   

At the rate you are going I think you should try to build a spare!

2 hours ago, autumnwalker said:

At the rate you are going I think you should try to build a spare!

I can sell it for more than what it would cost to buy another at Kenny''s 

$155 at kenny''s

$700-$1200 at other scrap yards according to car-part.com

I figure I could sell one for $3-500 depending on buyer interest.

14 hours ago, Brunet-Hemi said:

I can sell it for more than what it would cost to buy another at Kenny''s 

$155 at kenny''s

$700-$1200 at other scrap yards according to car-part.com

I figure I could sell one for $3-500 depending on buyer interest.

hmm ... can't argue with that math. Makes sense!

My alternator crapped out near the end of a renfrew run the other weekend.

Finally got it out this weekend after much cursing, and no rebuilding it like i had hoped,  housing/casing is cracked in several spots.

Hoping to pick up a reman in the next couple days and get the xj back up and running

i the Ford out in a rough chopping today, big stumps, bunch of falled trees, big rocks and soft wet ground, untouched for a number of years, pretty impressed with idle torque, happy with new crossbar, I had the truck all twisted up and the door opened easy, and it EVEN shut when i got back in, feels a lot more solid.

Engine works sooooooo much better, no more stalling while trying to crawl, actually does something when pushing on the gas pedal, can't wait to actually drive the beast somewhere

5 minutes ago, derekmac said:

Awesome Matt, can't wait to see it out!!!

Going to be a bit yet before I have the beast on the road, gotta change the windshield , do a little more bodywork for safety inspection, and tidy up the wiring a bit more along with installing new battery cables and ground cables. I'm pretty slowmoving on the truck, lots of other stuff happening at the same time.

I put fuel in my car the other day, does that count?  Lol. Unloaded a cast iron bathtub for the house and a cast iron house radiator for scrap/resale and probably gave myself tennis elbow on both sides. These things are heavy!  But nothing directly for the beast, lol!  All a means to an end!

So after a 7 day wait on my lug nut order, I call thewrenchmonkey only to find out they wont be honoring my order. They said they sell lug nuts per nut, not for a pack of 10 as advertised http://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/products/auto-parts/dorman/611106/ - that's fine....it was worth a shot, but they could have at least told me - I hate waiting.

And the stupid thing is, according to them their price per nut was $40.57 ROFL

Anyways....I've re-ordered from a reputable company. Rockauto should deliver soon.

In the meantime.....

I don't normally do pretty when it comes to my X, but this time I decided to keep a little bit of bling on the rims since they were all polished up already.

No, I haven't fixed my rear pinion whirring....finding time to be without 2 vehicles is tricky LOL

No, I haven't fixed my rear pinion whirring....finding time to be with just 1 vehicle right now is tricky, now that kids sports are back on the agenda LOL

IMG_20160609_124058.jpg

So, are the black with silver edge the way you are going or the psychedelic Blue?  lol

And you left open the question: Why would you be down two vehicles?  What is the matter with the mall machine?

Archived