• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

One of my sons , Steve , was out today and we finished getting the rad mounted and got the last brake line in and bled the buggers . Then he hopped in his TJ and I hopped in the Ranger , and headed to the bush . only out for an hour but it was great . Up dated my build on NSJC

IMG_3149.JPG

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3167.JPG

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, jay said:

removed Matt's pitman arm puller that is holding what's left of my rear leafs together. @Powerram I'll bring it to the AGM tonight.

It's not mine, I just put it on, I'm real bad with names, I think his name is Rob, Charcoal Grey JK with impressive hood vents.

Plan to work on my Burb later today.  I noticed my bad wheel bearing in early January when I took the Krawlers off and put the winter-rated ATs on for the winter.

And haven't driven the truck since.

Now, when I put the wheels back on after servicing the bearings, locking hubs, etc, do I put on the ATs or Krawlers? lol 

There is only one right answer, but I might be too lazy to dig the Krawlers out of storage at this time!

This is more of work I need to do, but plan on rotating tires for the first time ever, have to remove my bumper and install the factory one. Might do a sticker install as well at that time, have some new ones I need to put on. 

Got a few minutes in my bro's garage Wed night.  Got one locking hub greased and reassembled. Got the second one disassembled and cleaned. One cap certainly has some rock rash!  Likely was Saturday M.U.D. or November Big Jones  wash out.

Pics up now!

IMG_1990.thumb.JPG.5b7ebdfcb03109b508d80IMG_1991.thumb.JPG.81f5435a9e164b651e60dIMG_1992.thumb.JPG.199379a7c05a008b9d0df

I did happen to find a nice pair of 2001-2005 Honda Civic seat in the free section on kijiji so I went and grabbed those yesterday. A lot more comfortable than the worn out old SR5 seats. Pretty stoked to install them. I also might have something a new power plant coming my way today... 3RZ-FE 2.7 Toy engine but its not 100% yet

got the clutch slave cyl mounted and started on the master . Plated the firewall and started mocking the rod . I'm using all 86 chev parts as that is what my transmission came out of . The master mounted on the fire wall is for mock up , looks good but seals are bad .  Just have to weld the rod and drill a hole in the clutch peddle arm . 

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

IMG_3182.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

10 hours ago, 82Yota said:

Haha the engine stuff is top secret at the moment. I've already said too much

Got the donar truck today! 98 4runner 2.7. $300 via facebook. Needs serious work haha. I know ya'll are jealous of that snorkel 

aa8e9558-e607-458e-828b-6b249a9a2273.jpg

Installed my new power steering cooler the other day, and filled it up today. Driving it home from Tom's the trans was acting really weird, seemed to not go past what it think is 3rd.   

checked the code P0734 - gear ratio error in 4th

did some research and the google machine had many people with the same issue,  and 1 of 2 things fixed it.

1. A complete rebuild/New Transmission OR

2. Output/Input speed sensor

now #2 doesn't make sense to me seeing as it only faults 1 gear, but apparently it has fixed it before. see as it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper than rebuild I'll give it a shot.

also Jessy had an Idler pully explode again, when prerunning ellershouse so we pulled one off my old Hemi and put it on. good as new.

Archived