• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, derekmac said:

Just ordered a new drivers side hub/wheel bearing for the Jeep.  I had to replace the passenger side for safety in October, so not really surprised this one is gone now.  $56 all in with lifetime warranty from http://www.primechoiceautoparts.ca/

Wow.  My Nissan Rogue Nissan wheel bearings are crap, I've been through two sets, and so I've paid for SKF for the most recent set.  Think 6x what you are paying!  But the forums say they worth it.  Should never have to replace them again.

And remember, I currently still only have 140k on the vehicle, and it's on its third set of front bearings!

I paid $80 for the one I needed for safety, and that was the cheapest I could find. Also only had a 90 day warranty. 

If if the Prime Choice one lasts 2 years, and I get a free replacement that lasts 2 more years, I'll be quite happy with that. 

3 minutes ago, derekmac said:

I paid $80 for the one I needed for safety, and that was the cheapest I could find. Also only had a 90 day warranty. 

If if the Prime Choice one lasts 2 years, and I get a free replacement that lasts 2 more years, I'll be quite happy with that. 

You sound like me haha. I aint cheap, just thrifty! 

36 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

Fab work looks great!  Do I see copper coloured brake lines?

no, it a  nickel / copper line ,easy to work  with and a life time warranty against rust . 

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance-Products/JEGS-NiCopp-Nickel-Copper-Brake-Lines/2111534/10002/-1

More collecting of parts. The energy suspension lower shock bushings came in and they're identical to the original bushings. Not a huge deal a they were $8 each and the old ones are rotted out, just a bigger bolt is now required ;)

Also, got a big-bag-o-nuts&bolts from Transworld

IMG_20160201_160735.jpg

As the years go by in a house or garage you'll end up with lots of scrap metal and fasteners without buying stuff.  Even just go for a walk on a country road!  Or a city street!

Or the neighbour on garbage day!

Lots of anti-seize to allow it all to rotate!  For a few weeks anyway!

Archived