• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

10 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Jay:  That snow blower looks to be 40 yrs old!  And you have a habit of breaking rear lights!  I have a bent rear gas can holder, I think I hit it during one of the Renfrew or Big Jones runs,...

Front wheel bearings, I only installed that axle exactly three years ago, but I've never looked at the bearings since.  They may be full of mud and ruined.   I don't think the spindle nut came loose, I have Stage 8 lock nuts. We'll see!

I have a habit of tightening bolts and topping up fluids for maintenance, but very seldom re-pack wheel bearings or get out a grease gun...........  my bad....

Yeah the blower is a very old Crafstman, and the rear visibility on the X is terrible - and I always break the same corner. I'm gonna have to get some light guards or do something to protect the plastic somehow.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does ordering nice stuff count in this thread?  Even if it sits on my shelf for years?

Three brand names to tease you:  1) Currie Enterprises; 2) TMR Customs; and 3) Advance Adapters.....................

I paid a deposit!

I just replaced the alternator on my truck. The second I change in 2 1/2 years...

I replaced all the idler pulleys plus the tensioner last week.

Wednesday I'm gonna have a look at my e-locker. The rear diff lock doesn't want engage anymore. I'm pretty sure the actuator is seized. I sailed a lot last year and didn't use it for a long time. I want my locker for this weekend. 

Anyone has tackled that before? Pretty sure its simple but maybe there are tricks to make the job quicker or easier

1 hour ago, jay said:

Hell yeah!! spill it :):P

25 minutes ago, derekmac said:

You can't leave us hanging like that!! Lol

Item # 1:  ~$55 dollar.  Not the average Currie part price!  Probably re-branded.  It will help at the trail head.  GF is giving it to me for my B'Day.  I think Derek showed her one at the New Year's Day run////  Someone did.

5 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

Item # 1:  ~$55 dollar.  Not the average Currie part price!  Probably re-branded.  It will help at the trail head.  GF is giving it to me for my B'Day.  I think Derek showed her one at the New Year's Day run////  Someone did.

I know what it is...:cool:

3 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Haha, I know what it is!!  :cool:  I'm jealous as I really want one too!!!

Item # 2 is 10x the price of Item#1.  I've talked about it before.  Going to give me something to work on in the garage if the other vehicle and trailer is still in there.

(I'm not shitting on my bro.  Currently he has his garage filled with vehicles and I can't fit mine in.  But I've filled it lots over the years.  And, when he set the current vehicle in there almost exactly a year ago, I said I would sort / clean up a certain part of the garage that I would keep myself busy.  And I haven't quite finished that yet! lol)

56 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

Item # 2 is 10x the price of Item#1.  I've talked about it before.  Going to give me something to work on in the garage if the other vehicle and trailer is still in there.

(I'm not shitting on my bro.  Currently he has his garage filled with vehicles and I can't fit mine in.  But I've filled it lots over the years.  And, when he set the current vehicle in there almost exactly a year ago, I said I would sort / clean up a certain part of the garage that I would keep myself busy.  And I haven't quite finished that yet! lol)

From your description I think I may have an idea of what item#2 is too :thinking:...

Installed new MOOG lower ball joints, heard a rattling noise and this solved most of the issue :) I think the remaining isolated rattle is my tie rod ends. Noticed I over greased them (oops) and the boot just popped off, gotta clean and re-grease I guess tomorrow. 

Archived