• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Saturday I got the door handles fixed properly on both front doors (Suburban). Today I got the door handles on both rear  doors reinstalled fully. Then I replaced the broken glass in the RF door and installed the new window felts on three doors, the fourth was done before M.U.D.  Then I vacuumed her out.  Tree leaves, twigs and broken glass all cleaned up.  

The door panels are not reinstalled yet though, I want to clean and paint them first.  Aldo the final window felts reside on the door panels so at the moment I shouldn't slam the doors when the windows are down.....

Also checked and topped up all fluids.  She's almost ready for a run!

My sharpie would run out on each run before I finished labeling all the dents 

I've only been on one run with you, and during that run, well, that was the case!  Granted we took awfully big trucks into awfully small places!

• 2 weeks later...

Had to swap out my 4x Yoko's to my old Territories for inspection due to them getting low on the front, and some pretty gnarly rips and tears from the previous owner :P - the X looks very weird on smaller tires LOL

Inspected and re-sealed up the snorkel/airbox fitting

Drilled out the snapped bolt from the distributor housing - need to go to PA to get a new bolt (any excuse LOL)

Started banging in 5 wheel studs on the Bronco axle, but failed as I wasn't able to hammer them in fully (wrist pain, getting old SUCKS!). I'll need a press.

2015-10-31 12-49-56-234.jpg

Wheel studs, several times I've taken them to a shop to have them use a press, and then have them tell me they will just beat them in.

So I used the ball peen hammer and brass punch and did it myself without any issues.  I suspect others and Google might say the same. I hope yours

have the right diameter at the spline/knurl?  I'd love to know other's experience.

Speaking of the precious owner.. Sam right? Where the hell is that guy??  Thought he was coming home this summer!

not sure, but i saw a 4Runner is Sackville last week that looked the same as his, with an Alberta plate on it, but didn't see the driver to know if it was Sam or not...

Archived