• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The heep started making some serious noises from the engine monday (probably from that small puddle I attempted) got Bill to diagnose with a stethoscope. Turned out to be the tension pully.

Got one fairy cheap and swapped it out at the auto club tonight. The pully was shot and was a fight to get off. Learned what the sqaure hole on the tension arm was for. Was fighting with that until a experienced older guy stop by and gave me a tip. Was easy after that! ;) changed belts before but not that style.

Also got a new belt but turned out to be the wrong size.

Been busy at the auto club this week.

Finally found the right kind of stud for my ****** up wheel spacer on Thursday. After two attempts.

Friday - I had no plans to work on the heep but the mailman dropped off my sway bar disconnects. Decided to put them on last night!

The bolts were bent on the original sway bar connects so I had to cut a few bolts off. No wonder I couldn't get them off with a power bar! Stock connectors on a 4" lift will cause that. New ones I got are really tight also. I will need someone to jump onto the bumper when I need to connect them again.

Since I swapped out the pulley my AC doesn't work. I cleared the system code before I wrote down the number. Something about "AC controller circuit 2 high" I have no cold air at all now. The belt was put back on properly since I took a pic before hand.

Just got my truck back from getting some new rockers. It looks healthy again! No more holes and metal hanging off haha. The next sunny day I'm going to start repainting fenders and door bottoms with bed liner since the paint is all chipping off.

naaa, that's later :P ROFL :)

Much, much later...from one married man to another.

Seeing the acorn lugs, I'm surprised that they held for your last run. There are many who have succumb to "wheel dislocation" doing that ;)

Pinion bearings are all fixed up in the front diff. One of my front axle shafts was grooved so i now have a full kit of rear and front axle shafts for trail spares. Got a hold of some used ones. New inner seals also. My diff fluid was like gravy...

Wheel spacer on the rear axle was loose. It was from me last week replacing a stud. 2 of 5 bolts were hand tight when discovered... The clicking was from that. I though I did something awful on my diff so I got a tow lol.

Learned my lesson that I need to use a torque wrench and not rely on the air gun!

Maintenance, maintenance! You should feel bad Robbie, but I'm in the club also.

Last week I checked the wheel nuts on the Scout, for the first time since I changed them with a itty bitty wrench.

I'm some glad I did or I would have been had loose and lost wheels eventually! And I checked the axle fluids and transfer case fluids for the first time. Need changing.

And I have not checked driveshaft U-joints yet........ :wacko: But no clunks or squeaky.......

CV axle is changed. Same **** to deal with as last time. Had to take out the inner axle.

Drivers side is worse too. I had to open the diff housing and hammer out the inner axle while it was still attached to the CV.

then bring that to the auto club to use their press. Press alone want good enough had to add heat too and hammer on the side of it.

Started at 3 this afternoon just finished now.

On the bright side i had to change the diff oil anyway so now that's done too :)

Archived