• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, very easy to lift the 2wd trucks. Might have to, I am getting tired of being so low.

Rear leaf is mounted under the axle though, not on top. Do a spring over in the rear for lift.

Put an order for small parts in with 'IH Parts America' last night. Including a Borgeson steering shaft. Monday night I checked the Scout and it had almost as, if not fully as, much play as on Mitch's Taco! Both the upper U-Joint and the Rag Joint!

Also I have an order started with 'Back Country Binders' as well for the remainder of the parts I need (or just want?).

Stuff like a couple of electrical socket / pigtails that are hard to come by (currently held together by Duct Tape), a Steering Brace that is actually an extra cross-member (Scouts don't have many and the frame rails can twist under steering load), unusual thermostat gasket(s), door locks with keys! (currently no door keys!), an Owners Manual reprint, (the PO had bought Service Manuals), and other stuff like that for reliability and pleasure of driving!

I finished my fender cuts. (thanks for the help Brunet). AND I named the jeep:

COOKIE MONSTER

Yes, I will be getting that on decals.

You won't be the first. But at least your Jeep is the right colour.

...but I bet to you don't make as good cookies as Shane (aka Cookie Monster) :P

Got the e-mail part of the first parts order. (Copy of) the original Line Set Ticket (Build Sheet)! A copy is glued to the inside of the glove box door, with requisite damage over the years, and hard to read. I'll enlarge this, print and laminate and use at car shows! (Not to complain, just to state a fact, the Canadian Scout parts dealer said it was not possible to get.)

post-247-0-56754800-1431632763_thumb.jpg

So Jay what's next on the upgrade list? Maybe a set of super aggressive mt tires?

Yes, good call! I think tires will have to be next. I'm running 2 decent-ish Wrangler Territory 31's and a badly worn one....and an odd-but-good Goodyear GS-A all-season.

I'm on the hunt for some reasonably priced 33's....the gnarlier the better :)

They won't fit, but I'll make them fit LOL :)

Ive got those four 265/75r16 geolandar mt/s sitting at home in scotia probably got 50% tread left ones got a very small rip in the sidewall but they are yours for very cheap if you want you juat have to entertain me by posting up some gnarly videos of u rippin them up. Theres no good offroading here in camrose :(

If u can figure out the rim situation they are yours for free but only for u cause i wanna see the xterra with the yok's lol keep it in mind they will always be sitting there haha

Archived