• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eww jeeeep :p

If I had welding gear I'd love to help ya out sadly I'm stuck using the work welders or my uncles mig

LOL!

I actually don't need anything welded (yet). I really do need to get myself a MIG though. I do have little projects, like extending my rear sway bar links, and a MIG would be great for that.

If you're ever bored, and feel like welding on a Jeep, I just might happen to know of one... :D

I thought that page 16 of every Jeep owners manual recommend this as a requirement of the owner? May be it's in the fine print :P

Since you are a competent welder Mitch, I take back my wondering why weld than bolt!

As for me tonight, started the starter/ignition wiring upgrade. No wonder she had trouble starting, the wire connectors were full of surface crud and one wire was bare and broken almost all the way through.

Work in progress, and cab full of parts of unfinished maintenance!

post-247-0-51392200-1428548037_thumb.jpg

post-247-0-99014400-1428548041_thumb.jpg

Cant wait to see the Scout out and about this summer!

I think I have assessed all of the TLC issues, many are well under way to being repaired,

AND

I hope to take her for a short test drive on Sunday! Missing the inner door panels and a stuck heater valve (open or closed?) and door locks. But that's okay!

...AND I hope to take her for a short test drive on Sunday! Missing the inner door panels and a stuck heater valve (open or closed?) and door locks. But that's okay!

Just put the heater on hi (wide open) and take off the top and doors, like a Jeeper would do ;) . then there is no worries about door panels and locks ;)

Looks great Tom! Really cleans up the front end of the Jeep.

I dumped the remainder of the bottle of Lucas transmission oil into the H2 - I think I'm on borrowed time now. I also picked up a new set of bolts for my skid plates which are dome head / allen key vs. hex head so hopefully they will hold up better being dragged over the rocks.

I've been farting around on the Miata since it's in the garage - got the front bumper removed to be resprayed and got the upgraded sway bars and reinforcements in place.

Anyone able to weld two small tabs on my a-arms in the coming weeks? I need to get those on to put the upgraded sway bar in double sheer otherwise it's known to rip the stock tabs off the car.

Kijiji indeed. Salesman at the Toyota dealer in bridgewater was selling them for a customer that recently traded (then was sold) Tacoma. They had forgotten the wheels in storage at the dealer. Should've swapped my tires while I was there, all the techs had gone home and the shop was empty. Haha

Archived