• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic! lol I wanted to gush about the TruTrac(sp). I've always liked the TrueTrac concept. It had disappeared for a while then came back.

It is also used as a centre differential on at least one type of high-end AWD or race car or two!

Yeah, it is a gear driven lsd. No ratcheting/clicking/popping like a lunchbox locker and no clutches to wear out.

I can't hear or feel it on the roads but it seems to work well in the snow and gravel. Obviously haven't had time to wheel with it yet for a true test but happy so far.

I speak fluent sarc -***- tic. Lol.

Always get called a Smart *** but as far as I'm concerned is better than being a Dumb ***. Lol

LOL, you and me both!

In person it clearly comes across that way (sarcastic). In type you can drop the "sarc" from the beginning and the "tic" from the end to leave the three 3 ***'s (A$$). I'm accused of this all the time and I have no concerns ;)

Yikes! Any reason you're planning to weld vs. bolt?

My guess is they were built for another generation of tacomas so the mounting points are nowhere near where the mounting holes (OEM) are on his rig

They were originally welded to the other guys frame. I had to cut one support and take 12 inches out of them for them to work for my truck. Same generation Tacoma, just different body style.

I'm welding them because I feel they will be stronger and easier for me to make/attach. I saved A LOT of money doing it this way rather than buying and shipping them from the states.

I don't think Toyota will ever cover my frame anyway, and I never plan on letting it get to the point of failure. I need to chop part of my cab mount to make room for the tires. At some point I plan on fully boxing the frame, I'm not a fan of "C" channel frames!

Plus.. I'm an industrial mechanic and weld almost on a daily basis, by no means am I an expert but I can hold my own ;)

Tigging Stainless

11049134_1788352398056857_1795486519_n.j

10514020_327476564081771_1414337734_n.jp

Arch steel

924155_538075999629054_620819870_n.jpg

Archived