• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

Wow does that every suck, but you get the Big Hemi engine and an exhaust note that is amazing instead of mileage.

And it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!! :D.

We have the Cruze for long trips anyway :)

$180 Halifax to Toronto last Friday

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I average 25L/KM almost everyday when it's cold; though that includes a 5-10 minute warm-up before I leave the house. I've had the in dash read out at 99.9L/100km the day after filling the tank a couple times this year...lol.

I have neither, and usually run around 20 L/100km lol

According to the info center readout, we are averaging 16.2L/100km with the winter gas and Tara's driving/warming up (local driving). I can keep it below 15L/100km. Highway driving... Depends on driving conditions but the readout says 12-14. This variance depends on the AWD kicking in on snowy highway, and whether or not I am in a hurry...

According to the info center readout, we are averaging 16.2L/100km with the winter gas and Tara's driving/warming up (local driving). I can keep it below 15L/100km. Highway driving... Depends on driving conditions but the readout says 12-14. This variance depends on the AWD kicking in on snowy highway, and whether or not I am in a hurry...

When I was on the stock tires, and didn't carry a ton of extra crap with me, I would average around 15 L/100km. On the highway, keeping at 100kph, it would stay around 12. But, I've gone from a light 29" hwy tire to a heavy 32" mud tire. If I drove any sort of distance, it would suck, but I don't, so I don't care how bad of mileage I get really. :D

Parts for a 1979 Scout still used in other vehicles and still produced today! Well, the box says Jan 7, 2015.

And well, if you can't afford Big Truck (International Navistar) stealership parts you can't afford a classic automobile! lol I could have bought 18 beer,......

post-247-0-65399100-1427764025_thumb.jpg

post-247-0-22319900-1427764030_thumb.jpg

post-247-0-00162800-1427764034_thumb.jpg

Since the Scout is a two speed switch not three, I get to pick which two speeds I want!

Good god - reading about all the fuel economy from the different rigs makes me feel better about mine.

I'm averaging 22 L/100km on winter gas with city driving with a 6.0L v8, 3.5 ton vehicle, 38" mud tires, and factory 4.10 gears. In the summer I get down around 18 L/100km.

A friend of mine in Quebec with the same tires on his H2 with 5.38 gears and tuning done via EFI LIVE is getting around 12L/100km!

Got the dual battery tray, two optima red tops. One of them is reconditioned as "econopower"

Now just to nail down the wiring. I will probably be asking one of you folks to borrow some garage time in the near future! :)

post-793-0-31713900-1427899950_thumb.jpg

need to move my fuse box and cut up the original battery tray with a rip saw. Cutting to the right size will be the only challenge I think!

Measure 100 times and cut once ;) Post a link to that tray Tom, a dual battery set-up had been in my mind for a while.

I've been looking a lot online and finding nothing that is an "add-on" for a "drive by wire" for throttle add-ons. I know that there are a few offerings out there that will add a cabin mounted trigger, or dial, that will allow the driver to set the engine idle manually while using a winch; some even use it for a low speed cruise control on a trail, but they are cable based!

The "thought process" is to add this part/component to the wire from it to the ECM to make the ECM believe that the throttle is different position than idle. My Alt puts out peak charge at 2k rpms, so I could set the "dial" to match that RPM and winch without being in the truck.

After running the Xterra without a front bumper for a while and having a few nervous looks from the law, I decided to put the bumper back on to be on the safe side.

To do it I had to cut off the extended part of the winch plate where the recovery hooks were bolted on as it was obstructing the bumper bracket.

That part of the plate got bent up after a few pulls on the recovery hooks as there's no structural support in that overhanging spot.

Also replaced my 2m/70cm 2way antenna as the wire broke off.

IMG_20150403_164739.jpg

Did you check on recall

Yes. Mine didn't qualify, or it was already done. It had its import inspection done last May, and would have needed to be done beforehand if it qualified.

I got the new splice soldered in and heatshrinked, cover all back on, seat reinstalled and tested. It works... Front passenger can have a warm behind on a cold day once again B) !

Archived