• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished changing the transmission filters, and the sensor that might have gone. I've gotta pick up some ATF +4 and then I'll know if the transmission is still good.

Well, bad news, it's still not working right, which means something internal went. :(

Well, bad news, it's still not working right, which means something internal went. :(

That sucks! Post some details on the tranny.

Ever since Barbie got a battery powered ride back in the 80's, you Heep owners have so many crossover & swap options that I've lost count...

I have a few local connections that might be able to help you out; though NSJC will likely be better as mine are salvage yards...at a discount.

It's a 545rfe (same as 45rfe).

I was getting code P0841, which from what I read could be either a line pressure sensor, or a solenoid pack in the trans. I replaced the sensor, and that didn't do it. I'm also now getting codes P0870 and P0871, and now when I put it in reverse, I have no reverse lights. The fluid was pretty loaded up with clutch material too.

I probably won't be able to do anything until income tax time, but thankfully I can use one of the inlaws cars.

My truck is almost done after longer than expected repairs.. Rust repairs on the box a spot on the frame gas filler neck front driveshaft rebuilt 4 ball joints both door hinge pins installed ect. Onto another job after this is done! Will update with pictures on another note I bought a Dana300

I've got vehicles, parts, ideas, garage and tools. But too many hobbies! I was bitchin' earlier tonight that my SAR mapping is taking up too much time. 1-2 hrs a day for the last month!

Maybe I will take some trucks and parts over to Clarence's and have him install them. I actually thought of this a few days ago............ They might be quick jobs he might enjoy.............

Archived