• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the pic, these are crowfoot sockets, probably similar to what you are referring to James. I bought a set years ago from 10mm to 21mm. They have saved many knuckles.

S0845.jpg

Thats also what i was referring to.

Dropped it off with bill at double z today, its a 5km trip, i was lucky to make it at 25km/hr horrible noise like a huge rock was stuck behind the brake backing plate, and then a terrible grinding noise accompanied by a strong driveline vibration.

James I never would have made it to your place....

Soooo. Its fixed!!!!! ;) they said to leave it all day but it was only there for an hour and a half!!! Havent gone on the highway yet but it feels better already and doesnt sound like its going to fall apart :) yay yay yay go double z!!!

Scott, did you look carefully at Jay's winch? It may just be YOUR old one... :P !!

Ya! I'm wondering the same thing - Jay where did you get it? IIRC after I sold it to Scott T, Scott E bought it (this is kind of weird...).

Scott D sells to Scott T sells to Scott E sells to ??? It's the Scotty winch.

Yup, it was from Scott Garagemahall.....I think this winch has done the rounds

...it's a slutty wench ;)

I was going to mount the control box in the engine bay, but there's no place to mount it in there.
So I made a bracket and moved it to the top of the radiator, and punched a hole through my plastic grill.

Derek...thanks for the loan of the cable...I'll throw it in the X and you can have it back ;)

2014-11-14%2B07-30-20-285.jpg

2014-11-14%2B07-58-59-388.jpg

Naturally I would suggest not going to PA for something like that, ill help you fix it if you want... I would personally just get a new thimble and some quality crosby clips. That way you can take it apart as you please. Very very easy to do.

Ya! I'm wondering the same thing - Jay where did you get it? IIRC after I sold it to Scott T, Scott E bought it (this is kind of weird...).

Scott D sells to Scott T sells to Scott E sells to ??? It's the Scotty winch.

It is a slutty winch. It IS your old one, confirmed by Scott. The Scottie streak is done now though, unless Jay is up for a name change though :P... But is now back in the club, lol!

I decided I didn't want to mess with the wire eye, so I reshaped it with some brute force and ignorance....it seems to have done the job :)

Tracey and Amber were at the movies..so I took the opportunity to take a drive to the logging roads parallel to the 101 to try out the winch, and it works really well. Having a winch really gives the vehicle another dimension :)

2014-11-15%2B02-06-15-953.jpg

Well I didn't get the chance to get out with the club on Sunday but I did get out for a quick test run - first time since I put the truck back together. No major issues, real nice to see all four spinning :)

Now I got this in mail yesterday, anyone care to take a guess?

post-632-0-09144000-1416333976_thumb.jpg

Archived