• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.....finally got my new tires on! After being screwed around by Crappy Tire in the end Kal Tire took care of me and I have to admit I was very impressed with them. The guy I went to is part of an offroad club and takes his truck on trails so he understands the "offroad mentality" hahaha which Crappy Tire lacks. Anywho below are before and after pics with additional pics and a bit of a write up in my build thread :)

Before:

post-698-0-74169400-1410222445_thumb.jpg

After:

post-698-0-77187700-1410222597_thumb.jpg

Yes......thats snow in those pics.....bugger off haha

Lete guess... Crappy Tire wouldn't put them on your truck because that is not the size listed on the door or in their computer...

It's like your some kind of Psychic! Exactly right, only they made me wait 3hrs before they told me.

never again will someone at canadian tire touch one of my vehicles. i had them mount tires on my M3, the rims in the rear were wider than the front. the retard managed to put the wide rims up front, with the narrower tires. on top of that, the tires had Left outside, right outside plus the arrow that points the direction and still messed it up. i had to go in there and litterally draw what i wanted them to do hahaha

That's why I take them a set of rims to mount the tires on and leave it at that. I have never had a problem that way :P !

Fair enough, which is nice if I had rims lol :P Although buddy at Kal Tire tried to sell me some.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday afternoon and last night I worked on:

1) Cleaned all window and external mirror surfaces with a single-edged razor blade. There was lots of welding slag, grinding slag, and paint overspray from over the years! Now I need a new blade as well! There is a lot of glass on a Sub!

2) Tightened loose transmission/transfer case mount (crossmember) bolts. Yikes! They were a bit loose. This was the first time I checked them after installing new rubber mounts. I'll have to check them again until they no longer loosen!

3) Put Blue Lock-Tite on two fender bolts (bottom of A Pillars) that continually loosen. The M.U.D. Run and Lookoff Rally creates lots of vibrations!

4) Started wiring the Driving Lights that I installed before the Lookoff Rally, in 2013! Put them on last minute just for show! They were sitting on the shelf for years. Not finished wiring yet though. And if I find the rest of the mounts I have a set of fog lights as well. Yeah, they aren't LED, but better on the truck than on the shelf, and cost nothing!

5) Started re-installing the front fender flares, after changing the fenders earlier in the summer.

6) Prepping her for a second coat of paint. The first one didn't quite cover.

The dealership is just finishing now,

DSC_0251.jpg

image post

Amsoil fluids for motor and diffs/ t case,

Inepected steering linkages, bearings etc

Brake service with new fluid too! My brake pedal feels strong again :)

New driveshaft bolts

Tire rotate, balance and alignment.

New coolant.

New power steering fluid.

Investigated my exhaust manifold problems, looks like it will cost close to 2 :(

Need an undercoating done... Bill? Haha

There is no aftermarket option as there is zero room under the hood, one guy with one 4runner between here and the states managed to fit a discontinued tundra shorty header with some modifications to the dipstick and steering shaft. Unfortunately its an inherent design flaw in their welding process and every 4.7 v8 toyota owner will experience severe ticking. Maybe the new oem part has been revised who knows... Rob S was lucky enough to get both of his replaced under warranty...

Jealous....

But yeah new manifolds, studs, nuts, gaskets and new heatshields.. She'll be purring nicely once again.

My truck seems very very much more powerful and snappy with the throttle since my maintenance... Dont know what they did maybe pulled the efi fuse for a reset.

There is no aftermarket option as there is zero room under the hood, one guy with one 4runner between here and the states managed to fit a discontinued tundra shorty header with some modifications to the dipstick and steering shaft. Unfortunately its an inherent design flaw in their welding process and every 4.7 v8 toyota owner will experience severe ticking. Maybe the new oem part has been revised who knows... Rob S was lucky enough to get both of his replaced under warranty...

Jealous....

But yeah new manifolds, studs, nuts, gaskets and new heatshields.. She'll be purring nicely once again.

My truck seems very very much more powerful and snappy with the throttle since my maintenance... Dont know what they did maybe pulled the efi fuse for a reset.

Try to get your hands on the TRD manifolds they were making, at least it would increase your power a bit

Archived